Metropolix and Gx

That… is brilliant. :astonished: :raised_hands:
Thanks for the walk-through, @slowwild … and for showing me yet again how deep the capabilities of Metropolix are. Awesome.

2 Likes

…so I guess the answer is currently “no”?

1 Like

Correct, answered above—

But as pointed out, there are ways of introducing probability to almost any param.

2 Likes

Right.
Thanks for highlighting/confirming, and for taking time to share the slick patches!

2 Likes

Wish I had time to go through this forum and gather all these snippets of creativity from Intellijel and forum users and organize them into a PDF document. There are so many helpful suggestions.

Thank you Intellijel for the great support and the effort you put into responding with detailed help.

5 Likes

This should fix up any weird stalling preset loads and UI bugs. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So, please correct me if I’m wrong (in that it already exists), but it would be great if when creating pattern chains you can hold e.g. the Alt button and just tap the pattern you want to chain, hitting it more times to chain it more, rather than having to use the scroll wheel.

Is there much chance of this happening?

Check the manual, you can hold SETUP in the way you describe to tap out the pattern. It’s called a Quick Chain. You can start this action from pretty much anywhere, it’s also a faster way to get to the Preset Chain screen.

4 Likes

Wow, I did not realize that!

thanks @slowwild and @ScottMFR - seems like you guys are already ahead of the curve

Sorry to keep going on about this but it would also be great if there was some way of quickly assigning common (at least what I view as common i.e. multiples of 4/4) pattern lengths, rather than having to scroll through until you get to e.g. 256 or 512 pulses (I tend to have a lot of slow modulation changing things over a long time).

Is there some way this could be brought in?

Funny, the Quick Chain UI was the initial/primary Preset Chain UI, the rest followed later.

I can’t really see the UI changing here. There is just too many use-cases to exclude certain values and lock it to 4/4 timing. The encoders have acceleration on them, you should be able to reach the larger values with a few quick turns.

Hi everyone! Just getting started with this intriguing pair.

Any chance there has been discussion about timing nudge (non-BPM or swing related), track-level pulse multiplication, pitch slide curves, or corrections to external clock readout? I’ve also imagined that some extensions to mod lane functionality (e.g. more options for slide behaviour) and a CV expander would also be lovely but I’ve not really dug through what’s there already.

The firmware seems quite solid so far, but these would be helpful!

Since we’re all suggesting things that seem impossible given the current hardware and gui, I might as well ask: is it possible to implement a mini-Atlantis inside the Metropolix? That would save me a lot of hp.

8 Likes

That’s a really good idea. Can I suggest two mini Atlantis, one for each sequencer lane. Shouldn’t be that difficult.

2 Likes

Which impossible suggestions are you referring to? Your post was after mine so not sure if you’re referring to it or something further up.

If it was mine, here’s how I imagined each fitting in:

Timing nudge: mod lane/xyz assignment, not altogether different from elektron’s implementation. Functionally a gate delay.

Track- level pulse multiplication: an “x” in addition to “/” in the DIV menu, not unlike what’s done in Pam’s. Would allow for wider range of interesting clock ratios.

Pitch slide curves: an Alt function in slide with useful pre-defined envelope curve-style shapes.

Mod slide shape: an Alt-encoder function in the graph window to achieve something similar to the above in a mod lane, similar to how daw automation curves work but locked to the mod steps.

I wasn’t replying to you specifically, I was just making a lighthearted joke.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying!

I think it would be really helpful to add the ability to name your presets. I get a little bit lost hunting around through all my preset patterns and being able to give them more descriptive names would really help with this.

1 Like

An idea for gx: how about a mode that outputs gates or triggers for each degree of the selected scale instead of active stages. meaning if you are in c major the top output will produce a trigger each time the active stage plays a c the 2nd from top for every d etc. it could be an interesting way to distribute pitches to different / voices envelopes.

5 Likes