CVx - CV Expander compatible with the MIDI 1U

The CVx 1U expander modules has eight user-configurable outputs and connects to the MIDI 1U module. Using the Intellijel Config app, you can assign each of the eight jacks to generate just about any type of voltage that can be derived from a MIDI signal; pitch, gates, triggers, clocks, velocity … you name it! You can chain up to four CVx modules to a single MIDI 1U to add a whopping 32 additional channels of midi control to your modular.
Each CVx module can also allow you to generate 2 or 4 voice polyphonic controls with selectable voice allocation modes. The connectivity, feature set, expandability, and compact size make the MIDI 1U + CVx system ideal for integrating your modular gear with the rest of your rig.

Available now!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Already ordered one from Elevator Sound!! That was rapid :slight_smile:

Big :eyes: when I got to the “chain up to three CVx modules together” part.

Any chance that the I2C implementation will be documented? A CVx seems like it would make a fantastic output expander for a Teletype…

1 Like

How soon can we expect this module to be available at the usual shops?

Chain up to 4 actually!

Already shipping since announcement last week. Quite limited quantity in first batch but we already have second batch underway.

re:I2C. If someone from the Teletype community would dedicate the time we would be happy to provide them details. CVx should be able to connect to a lot of different things, not just MIDI 1U.

Sure, here’s the info. Each CVX consists of two two I2C devices, one EEPROM and one DAC. The DAC is an LTC2605, so you can find the necessary commands in its datasheet. The EEPROM just uses the standard I2C eeprom command set. Addresses for each based on the CVx address jumper settings are:

EEPROM

Device Address
Exp 0 0x53
Exp 1 0x51
Exp 2 0x52
Exp 3 0x50

DAC (LTC2605)

Device Address
Exp 0 0x30
Exp 1 0x12
Exp 2 0x22
Exp 3 0x10

The EEPROM contains the calibration information for each channel of the DAC. It’s stored as an array of consecutive 16-bit unsigned integers. The first 8 are the DAC codes required to produce a 0V output. The next 8 are the DAC codes required to produce a 1V output.

One thing that didn’t fit together for me - the LTC2609 is a quad DAC; is it multiplexed somehow, or is that a typo for the LTC2605 octal DAC?

Yes is it should be the LTC2605 octal DAC