Updated 104 4U Case

There’s a clarification on the MuffWiggler thread saying that it has 24 power headers.

2 Likes

Not yet but we are trying some ideas.

2 Likes

It was a typo. Should be 24 power headers.

1 Like

Ordered (from Control) :grinning:

1 Like

5 Likes

Well I was going to resist but Patchwerks let me use their coupon so that happened. Should be a great detachable addition to the 104 7U. Curious to hear the answer to whether or not it can be attached to the 7U in any way.

Link to the Palette 62/104 Manual in case you are interested in more details.

3 Likes

Site Updated!

It’s here!

Might as well take a family photo…

You can see the 4U 104 is definitely a palette-family product. More shallow than the 7U, and slightly slimmer on the sides due to the lack of legs / slots for connecting.

14 Likes

Nice setup!

(watch that single screw in the left morphagene ;))

3 Likes

Well, all the modules in the photo are half screwed in. Have to test everything first. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@slowwild is da real MVP :sweat_smile:

That was speedy delivery! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Nice setup! thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Beautiful work as always @Danjel and fam!

Any chance there will be an 84hp version for the palette trifecta?

Us modular addicts here can always find a reason to add yet another case to the mix :wink:

Can’t wait to get this new 104.

Cheers you guys! :heart:

84hp would be an instant buy for me. When trying to make a single voice palette and then a percussion palette, I found 62hp to be just a bit too limiting, but 104 is more extra room than I needed and starts to be less compact. 84 would be a fantastic happy medium. I hope this gets considered.

3 Likes

Yeah I do feel like I’m a bit of a Goldilocks here in wishing for something in between the two cases :grimacing:

104hp is a great size but the proportions are off a bit for those of us making 16:9 video content. 62hp has good proportions but every time I spec out a case on Modulargrid I come up a few HP short of what I need.

But, ya know, I can probably convince myself that I need one of each :grinning:

3 Likes

If an 84HP Palette ever gets considered, the four in/out audio jacks would be stellar.

Best cases in the business, Intellijel!

3 Likes

Mnauak described it as exactly the same depth as the 62hp palette. 45.5 mm. I believe this is just a little too shallow for FH-2 and its expanders, which if memory serves are about 49 - 50mm.

I’m thinking I’ll likely be using a MIDI 1U and an mBrane on this. Although depending on how capable that 1U expander is, I may not need the mBrane at all.

These photos illustrate an absolutely perfect use-case for an pair of Octalinks. One on the far left of the palette, and it’s twin on the far left of the bottom 7u’s 1u row. And you’ve got a buff mult right there to duplicate a signal coming out of the palette for parallel processing in the 7u, or for buffering pitch CV sent from the 7u case to the palette.

1 Like