Updated 104 4U Case

Well, I just ordered one of these. 3rd case in my first year of modular. Now I have room to fit modules on my short list which include the Dixie II+, Quadrax, Bifold and Scales. I do have a question about the 1/4" outputs and how I should use them for this case. On my 62hp Palette I have the Mixup hooked up to the 1/4" jacks for stereo output. I love it. For this case I was thinking about getting the Stereo Inputs Modules. Then maybe I would add another Mixup to this one. This should allow me to do a Stereo Send/Return, right? Or is there a benefit to the actual Send/Return module? Is there a signal difference or anything like that which would differentiate them? Sorry for the noob question.

The main benefit of the Pedal I/O modules is the ease of matching send / return levels and the integrated wet/dry balance, as well as having a line-level output. Otherwise having the stereo in and mixup is going to be more flexible, though your output level will be modular level and not line. If your external equipment has enough headroom to handle that it should not be a problem though.

I’m starting to see the benefits of having both the Stereo In and the Pedal I/O now. I could always buy the 1U Stereo Jacks to hook up to the Pedal I/O, correct?

You would need the Pedal IO Jacks 1U module for the Pedal IO. The Pedal IO and Stereo Line Out actually use different connection cables.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying that. I missed that module. It looks like it’s not available currently. Hopefully that comes back in stock because I think I want to go that route to give myself more options.

Anyone have any good suggestions for a gig bag to use until the new custom bag and lid are released? I love mine and I need to take it out this week.

We have a nice gig bag about to go into production. We are using a new supplier in Taiwan and I have spent a few months working on the prototype with them (and for some other stuff). We get pre-production units next week and then production will take a few weeks more + sea shipping.

For the lid we are working with Decksaver but they are in the UK and things have been slower due to the lockdown. We are supposed to get a proto unit very soon though, maybe next week as well.

4 Likes

Thanks Danjel! If they are expected within that sort of timeframe, I’ll just wait for the official bag rather than picking up some sort of interim solution.

Just got my case yesterday and the Stereo Line Input module should be here today. I’m very excited to experiment with running my analog drum machines and synths (and the Blofeld) into the modular setup. I’m having a tough time figuring out how I want to lay everything out now that I actually have the space to give me more options lol. I can’t wait to work with the Quadrax that has been waiting to be hooked up. I’ve decided I will go with another Mixup as soon as they become available. Gonna need a Bifold and Dixie II+ now too…

3 Likes

The new semester is starting and I needed something I could sling over my back for school. This is only $30 for an interim solution. I doubt it would still fit with the decksaver and there should really be some protection for the knobs, but works for now.

https://amzn.to/35Le88Z

4 Likes

Well that’s a nice, snug fit, that’s for sure. :+1:

Decksaver for performance case as well? would be amazing

Hi!

Any word about availability of the new 4U 104’s specifically when Moog Audio may see a restock?

Thanks!

There’s a couple B-Stock units available now!

Meanwhile we’re working on cases and shipping them out pretty regularly. I would recommend asking Moog Audio if they have an ETA.

Thank you Scott ! Yup already did ask but was following up here for clarity.

I ended up ordering the pedal I/O to hook up to the jacks on the 104 4u since the mixups arent available until the end of the month. Eventually I plan on getting the pedal I/O jacks so I can hook up the mixup to the jacks on the case instead. I’m using the Stereo In module on the other 2 jacks and I love it. Now I’ll have 3 external.inputs for my system on the case! Just one question about the pedal I/O as I await its delivery… I plan on using it to hook up my Double bass (for which I use a Realist pickup)… will I get the same behavior from the jacks on the case when hooked up to the Pedal I/O as I would with the Pedal I/O module signal wise? I plan on using the pedal module with other acoustic instruments such as my mandolin using Piezo style pickups as well.

Very cool! Yeah the Pedal IO can be used as a DI input, you’ll just have to set the signal fully wet so you just get the input signal. I guess you could also use the wet/dry mix to blend between your instruments and other unrelated signals from the modular if you wanted.

The Pedal IO Jacks 1U functions the same as the case jacks.

Howdy folks! I got my new 104 palette today and had a question. On the main board towards the left hand side there are two 2pin headers, one labeled CV and one labeled Gate. I found no mention in the manual - can you elaborate what these are for?

Those access the CV and Gate bus on the power board, it’s part of the Eurorack standard. We don’t currently have any modules that use these.

1 Like

Any word on the lids for the 104?

4 Likes