Accio Tetrapad!

I’ve had a look at the video attached by @ohexoh and that answers a fair bit. What I saw was

• CV recording (off the pads)
  • CV recording of external CV (e.g. from Planar)

I guess I’m wondering whether it can act as a quantized CV sequencer or a trigger / gate recorder. Can you record steps entered via the knobs or is it all “live recording?”. Can you clock each “channel” independently ? And I only saw 3 channels of CV recording… Is there something special going on on the 4th pad ?

At its base (and what we’ve revealed so far), the Tête loops or sequences the data from the Tetrapad.

The looper can be synced with a clock or use its internal clock. The sequencer (Voltages/Notes Modes only) advances with the clock, or at a multiplied or divided rate. In Combo mode, the Tête records the pad data (position and pressure of all 4 pads); in Voltages Mode, the zone #; and in Notes Mode the 4 Pitches, Gate, Trig, Position and Pressure.

The Tête also adds an extra row of “keys” to “Keyboard Mode” (selectable, 4/8/12 keys) and combines all the original Keyboard and Chord Modes into a single mode called Notes. It increases Voltage mode zones from 8 up to 12 or 16

It also add modulation with the XYZ inputs on each of the Tetrapad modes.

Length Limits are only limited by SD card size.

It’s not connected to planar 2, although it could be done with firmware updates.

It’s not currently recording CV from other modules.

1 Like

This sounds absolutely perfect for what I’m looking for, especially the updated notes / chord modes. The Tetrapad has basically replaced my regular keyboard as my go-to method of sequencing, but being able to record the cv instead of just the audio will be a huge improvement. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

It sounds super great.

:thinking:

Can you clock the lfos now?

What are the possible mod destinations?

How does the sequencer work? I guess you can see/select the steps on the screen and enter values with the tetrapad? What is the max length of steps and can you sequence things that would be controlled by the encoders on the tetrapad like octave and chord inversion?

Can’t wait to try it out.:smile:

Can you clock the lfos now?

Clocked LFOs planned

What are the possible mod destinations?

Not 100% decided, will be specific to the mode and/or sequencer/looper

How does the sequencer work?

currently 101-style, details of the step seqeuncer are still being worked out

What is the max length of steps

currently capped at 1024 for ui reasons, but theoretically, no limit. Looper works differently.

can you sequence things that would be controlled by the encoders on the tetrapad like octave and chord inversion?

Kind of, in Notes mode, it is sequencing pitches, so the inverted or octave shifted pitches would be recorded for the step.

Where is the Tête manual. Where it the Tête.

The Tete manual is being written.

2 Likes

image https://memeshappen.com/download.php?memeid=83883

Any ETA for the Tetrapad? Would love to add this to my current setup.

There’s a lot of stuff in various stages of production, including Tetrapad. It’s hard to give any concrete ETAs because of the constantly changing situation with COVID and supply chains.

Ok. Thank you for the update.

Any updates on a possible ETA?

I know that specific dates aren’t available, but I was curious if we should expect the next batch of Tetrapads to be shipped to retailers by end of year, or is it more likely to be first quarter 2022? Also, is the best place to put in a preorder one of the Canadian sellers, like Moog Audio, or Nightlife Electronics?

No word still on Tetrapad availability?

I’m waiting on one, too. I don’t know if you read the other threads regularly, but it seems like:

• Intellijel is telling people when things are in production (cases, shifty)
  • Intellijel has said that pandemic parts scarcity has forced some redesigns of some units
  • and they seem reluctant to say anything about the Tetrapad

So I would conclude that they don’t know, and that it might be one of the modules impacted more severely than just waiting for parts. (Or it could be that they’re just waiting for parts and are reluctant to put any estimate on things outside their control). Which isn’t a terrifically useful answer for you, but I would say, “we don’t know but can guess they’re not yet being assembled, so we’re likely to have to wait a bit longer.”

Oh, I just saw kamil’s reply. I guess … never mind. It is in production.

1 Like

We definitely have more coming. They have been in the build queue for a while. I will try to get a more concrete ETA from our CM asap.

2 Likes

thanks, danjel! i appreciate it

Awesome - Thanks!

Ok we have some available. We are just doing an inventory count today and tomorrow but we’ll put these up asap, probably Monday on the webshop.

2 Likes

Oh, amazing! So I should look to order them directly from the intellijel site, and not through a retailer?