Zeroscope 1U 1.4a

Now with configurable screensaver timeout from the menu on the Tuner Page.

Available at https://intellijel.com/support/

See NOTE below!

9 Likes

Note: We did fine a bug with 1.4 today, we’ve submitted this to VPME to sort out. It seems the Module will hang (after it’s first reboot) when entering tuner mode after a new timeout has been set.

1.4a posted!

Download at https://intellijel.com/support/

Thanks for this!
Just a quick question - If I run the firmware installation from a Windows 10 computer, does the Zeroscope need to be connected to my (powered-on) palette, as well as via the PC’s USB? Or do I remove the module from the palette first, hook up the USB connection to the PC, install the firmware, then put the module back in the case when done?
I’m a bit wary of plugging two mains-powered devices into each other via a USB cable.
Thanks!

You need to have the palette and the module powered as well as the USB connected to the computer.

You need to hold down the rotary switch / knob on the Zeroscope as you turn on the power to your palette (with the USB plugged in). Then run the firmware installer and it’ll reboot the module after it is complete.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the explanation - I was definitely overthinking things there!

Oh! And also, welcome to the Intellijel forums - I hope you have a great time here! :wave:

1 Like

Error occurred during update.
Invalid DFU suffix signature
A valid DFU suffix will be required in a future dfu-util release!!!
No DFU capable USB device available

Well, I guess that didn’t work. If anyone has any ideas, I’d be happy to hear them…
Thanks in advance.

Hi Helen,

That’s just the generic error when the USB device is not connected. The most common cause of this is the USB cable itself. Many USB cables that come with devices are for charging only and will not transmit data. I would recommend trying another USB cable first

You can also check your system report to make sure the device is detected by your computer. If you continue to have trouble please contact support@intellijel.com

1 Like

Thanks, Scott!
Will see if I have another of those type of cables anywhere and try again.
I appreciate the information.

1 Like

C:\Users\playdifferent\AppData\Local\Temp\1sv0lved.1uk\dfu-util.exe -a 0 -s 0x08000000:leave -D “C:\Users\playdifferent\AppData\Local\Temp\1sv0lved.1uk\Intellijel_Firmware_Updater.firmware.zeroscope_1u_1.4a.bin” -d 0483:df11
dfu-util 0.9

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2016 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/p/dfu-util/tickets/

==> Error occurred during update.

Invalid DFU suffix signature
A valid DFU suffix will be required in a future dfu-util release!!!
Cannot open DFU device 0483:df11
No DFU capable USB device available

That error just means that the computer can’t detect the module. The most common cause is the USB cable as many cables that come with devices only work for charging and do not transmit data.

If you’re on a Windows computer you will have to make sure the correct drivers are installed.

If you continue to have issues, please reach out to support@intellijel.com