What’s the take on dark panels?

Would people still want them? There has been discussion about having dark panels to match the stealth cases in the past. If this were to happen, would it be like a diy panels-only thing, or would we be able to order new modules in the dark format?

Intellijel staff, if enough people were interested, would you actually (finally) release the stealth series?

What if there was some sort of trade-in program? I know it wouldn’t be practical what with COVID and all, but that seems to be clearing up a little bit. I’d totally trade in modules even if it only gave me a discount on their stealth counterparts.

1 Like

I’d buy panels in black, particularly for Planar2, Tête and Tetrapad - as they are an island surrounded by dark panels in my case.
It would be very preferable if they were black-anodized aluminum, like Xaoc Devices black panels - not PCB material (ie. Make Noise, INSTRUō).
I’d assume they’d be sold as optional panel replacements - which Intellijel already has for aluminum panels.
Aesthetics are such an important thing… I tend to have to constantly battle my sense of aesthtics against ergonomics - nrefusing to place silver and black modules next to each other, and maitaining patterns, even if the ergonomics of placement are inconvenient, or often downright dumb. I’ve even heard some people on ModWiggler downright refuse to buy modules that are silver (or black) for purely aesthetic reasons - which is rediculous when you think about it. But I am equally as rediculous, as I often judge modules’ designs partially for aesthetic qualities (my preferences: Frap Tools, Intellijel, INSTRUō, Xaoc Devices, Buchla!), and it takes a lot of technical superpowers to make me deviate from that - ie. Piston Honda and Hertz Donut, Pamela’s NEW! Workout, Klavis Quadigy, and :nauseated_face: Make Noise QPAS and LXd.
Klavis Quadigy is an example of a real bastard panel. The module itself is GENIUS. But two-tone silver panel with black edges is horrible looking (reminds me of Beetlejuice), and their use of 4 different fonts is a bit obnoxious.

3 Likes

I only buy modules with dark panels (call it an artistic constraint, if you will), so have been holding off on Intellijel for a while. patiently waiting for the day first-party dark panels become an option to gobble a bunch up though!

2 Likes

I would buy them yes, especially the 1U utility modules.

1 Like

+1 absolutely. Just got the Metropolix in my stealth case. Like others its one of very few non-black modules. Would buy a black panel in an instant.

2 Likes