What’s the take on dark panels?

1 Like

Yeah, I mean the look/vibe of a Moog system or a Buchla, Mutable, etc… they all have a particular aesthetic and vibe - which, for me gives some kind of esoteric flavor to the whole thing. It’s similar to how our sense of taste is symbiotic with smell - if we didn’t have noses, things would taste quite a bit different…
I come from a visual art/design background, so the appearance of the ‘Spaceship’ has something to do with how I’m inspired to make sounds. I mean, I can’t imagine being inspired to make pretty, floaty, rainbow music on an Erica System, for instance… though of course it can be done…

2 Likes

I get that–I’ve mostly tried to do that too (originally even went for the same style of knobs, which I’ve relaxed). I like to shoot for having things the same color, and preferably aluminum so it feels like one instrument. The idea of having a quilt-like set of wildly different designs always seemed like it would be distracting to me. I got a nice black pcb panel for PNW from Mork Modules, but unfortunately it looks like it’s not possible to swap panels on the PEXP-1 (if anyone knows how/ where to get one, please lemme know). Big fan of XAOC’s black panels, and just ordered some for my newly acquired Moskwa/ Ostankino!