Stereo Mixer 1U

The Stereo Mixer 1U provides a convenient way to combine your mono and stereo sources into a single stereo mix. There is level control over the first two channels and, using a rear connector, you can chain multiple Stereo Mixer 1U’s together into a hidden 3rd stereo channel without using up channels on the front panel. The chain i/o connectors are fully compatible with the Mixup connectors so you are able to mix 1U and 3U mix chains together as needed.

Available now!

7 Likes

I am able to connect the x/y module in the input at the back in order to have 2 more inputs ?

Yes you can!

3 Likes

After revising the manual , my question is this: Does it convert the signal from Modular to Stereo Balanced Line Level Outputs like the 1u Stereo Line out module does? if you connect it straight to the Audio Jack of the 7u case?

2 Likes

I have a related query to PolySilk’s, would you still need the 1u stereo line out in this eventuality?i.e. could the Stereo line out 1u effectively be replaced by the Stereo Mixer 1u?

1 Like

@PolySilk @cirklonian
If Stereo Mixer 1U is connected to the case jacks via the rear 3-pin header it functions the same as Mixup and provides an unattenuated eurorack level unbalanced output. If you want balanced output and a final volume control you would still have to use the Stereo Line Out 1U.

1 Like

Didn’t realize this would sell out so fast! Any word on when the next batch will be made / when retailers will receive their units?

They sold quicker than expected, so we have another batch already in progress and they should be ready in about 4 weeks. You could also try wigglehunt to see if any retailers have stock.

1 Like

Would this be as simple as connecting the x/y jp2 connector to the chain in on the stereo mix 1u? Would the x and y then be L and R respectively?

Could you also connect the x/y in a way to add 2 separate stereo inputs, x and y, to the stereo mix 1u?

Your first scenario would work. If you connect the middle header JP2, X would act as the Left and Y would act as the right, then you could connect that to the Stereo Mixer Chain In.

The top and bottom headers would let you use X and Y as stereo inputs, but Stereo Line In only has one Chain In and one Chain Out. Therefore you could only connect one or the other unless you used X as a stereo input and Y as a stereo output. Does that make sense?

1 Like

If the output on the back panel is connected to the 3-pin header jack on the back panel, is that connection broken when something is connected to the 3.5mm output jacks on the front of the stereo mix module?
I would like to use it (optionally) as either a second output pair or as a sub mix on my way to my Stereo Line Out 1U. I realize that it will be unbalanced and unattenuated when I run directly to the 3-pin header jack.

It works the same as the Mixup, so connections to the MIX OUT L&R do not impact the Chain Out. Great for setting up additional effects chains…

Can anyone tell me what that chain-in / chain-out pinout is on the back of the module?

L / GND / R?
L / R / GND
etc?

Is it the same as the Mixup? I saw the same question on that thread.Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 11.07.25

Yes it is the same as the Mixup.

Hi… I have a question about the stereo mixer. I have a 1u headphone out (v2) in my diy case. If I connect the stereo mixer via the 3 pin cable the back, do the inputs on the headphone still work? IE, do I now have 3 stereo in channels that I can mix together, or are they deactivated all together and the stereo mixer module is the only inputs?

The front panel inputs break the normalling from the rear header, so they would not be mixed together. So if they were connected you could either have the output of Stereo Mixer 1U, or you could have whatever you patch to the front.

right, but not both?

No, not both.

The front panel inputs break the normalling from the rear header, so they would not be mixed together. So if they were connected you could either have the output of Stereo Mixer 1U, or you could have whatever you patch to the front.

Does anyone know when these will be in stock again? (in Europe) Is it far away or soon-ish?