Steppy feature request

Hello, any news on gate length per step?

Sorry no, wrapping up some other projects right now. :slight_smile:

Is it a kind way of saying “sorry we checked it out but cannot do this due to module design”? :sweat_smile:
I’m really hoping you cold do something about it because Steppy 5v works greatly as modulations source!

Nope it’s do able, we are only 2 developers :slight_smile:

This is not what you’re looking for, but will get you some variation in gate length if you need it: If your clock source can change/modulate it’s pulse width, then you can set the gate length on a track to the first option (Follow Clock Width), and modulate the pulse width on your clock source.

hi guys, you rock…
i recently got steppy 1u and what would be super awesome if there would be gate lenghts per step instead of tracks… very handy if u work with lowpassgates and want to variate the decay lenghts of the pattern notes… thats all :wink: beside from that, im in love with your modules

1 Like
1 Like

I would like to second any requests for the ability to multiply as well as divide the clock. This would be amazingly beneficial to me for sure. I’m loving this module. I’m now running my Tempest into the system using it as the clock for the steppy and it’s crazy. Drum n bass madness.

Not sure if you have tried this already, but you can kind of use ratcheting to work as a clock multiplier. If you set a track to a single step and set it to ratchet 2x per step it’s basically functioning as a clock doubler. Of course you can’t really program a pattern on that track if you’re doing that.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea. I’ll try that. It would probably work well for hats.

Just wanted to follow up and say I got more into program the per step ratcheting and it’s been exactly what I needed. Also, thanks for making me a New User of the month! Picked up a Quadratt which has been extremely useful as well. Hope you’ve all been fairing the crisis ok.

1 Like

Nice! Glad to hear it Ornette. Quadratt pairs really nicely with Steppy. Actually sending the four gates from Steppy to each channel input on Quadratt lets you use it as a weird voltage sequencer if you want!

We’re doing OK here, just taking it one day at a time. Hope you and your family are healthy and safe.

2 Likes

I’ll have to try that with my next patch. I’m not exactly sure what to apply a voltage sequencer to but I’ll experiment. Thanks for the tip!

Anything really. You could send it through a quantizer to create melodies, or without a quantizer if you want weird atonal stuff. Or you could do some stepped filter cutoff sequencing.

Hi, I’m not sure if this has been requested or not but is there any way possible to make it so it can save 16 patterns? That’s about the only feature request I can think of.

It’s been requested, but would be hard with current the UI. I’d need to check, but with all the per-step settings added in the last rev, doubling the save slots may push beyond the limits of the flash memory on that unit.

That’s understandable. I really love this module. I use it in every patch. It’s way easy to throw up any groove I want on the fly anyway. I really can’t wait to be able to get a plog too. I think it would be a great combo. I currently have no logic modules so it would be the next logical addition…

3 Likes

A repeat per step option would be amazing. I don’t think this is possible currently, right?

Apologies in advance if this was mentioned or explored already.

I’m not sure I understand. Would this be different from the Ratchet per step?

Oh, no I actually didn’t know about the ratcheting! Thank you :slight_smile:

My request:
A convenient feature for tying steps together for longer gate times would be if you could press and hold a step and then select a subsequent step and create a gate/tie that spans over the interim steps. Then you don’t have to go and select and adjust all the individual gate times of all the interim steps.