Steppy 1U/3U v1.2.1

I am curious does anyone know of a way to clear an entire preset slot? I apologize if I missed something but I’ve read through the manual and forums for this and even tried some button combos I thought might make sense but no matter what I do, the red light stays lit for any save slot that I’ve saved to.

You should be able to load the Init Preset (Go to the Load Screen and Hold LOAD, the module will flash, and you should have no steps active. You can then save this state overtop of any presets that may be stored, this should clear the red light.

3 Likes

I am having trouble with my steppy. I press the reset button, press play on my clock source, steppy starts, but does not trigger my first kick, then once it starts in sync, it’s actually out of sync by 1 step, compared to my main sequencer. It doesn’t play the first few steps and then jumps in. I don’t have this problem triggering my other sequencers (seek and ladik seq-8) theses both run fine when I start the clock of my main sequencer, so I am confident it’s not a problem on my main sequencer. I can even set up my master clock to steppy, seek and seq-8 all at once. The only one that goes wrong is steppy.

Might be worth sending a video demonstrating the problem to support@intellijel.com

Are you using anything to reset Steppy? You might find you get tighter sync with it in RESET RUN mode.

is there a way to update steppy on linux?

We don’t produce our updater for Linux since it’s too hard to test compatibility given how many distributions are out there. However if you are familiar with the dfu-util command-line tool you could download the macOS updater and pull out the .bin file from the .app and update it that way.