Quadrax

Just wanted to say that I’m really loving the Quadrax! Really adds tons of versatility to the original. You all did a great job. There have been some mutterings over on MW about the expo shape being a little tame compared to some other function generators and I’m inclined to agree. Are there any plans to tweak those responses to be snappier in a future firmware update?

It could be done. I’m not sure what people mean by snappy though, is it the curvature or the overall time that would be tweaked?

I basically modelled it to be pretty similar to the Quadra.

Just more extreme curves, for me.

Hi intellijel‘s!

How can we change the output from 5V to 10V?
It is mentionend in the manual but not how to…

Thanks!

Edit:
Sorry! Found it in page 14…
Cheers

Hi kamil,

Next to a maths or wmd/ssf mini slew the most exponential curves are much less „plucky, spikey, fast or punchy“ whatever you want to call it.
I set quadrax to 0-10v, and thought that it would make a difference in the overall feel of the A-D Curve (higher amplitude in the same time next to a 0-5v setting) but maths/minislew are still much more „plucky“.

I‘d love a more extreme response in a future firmware update!

Thanks and cheers

1 Like

I’ll have a look and compare to the Maths curves next week.

thanks, I too am very eager to see Quadrax’s range of shapes on the expo and log sides expanded to more extremes. Zadar, Maths, and Mini Slew have been the best envelopes for this in my experience, and I really want Quadrax to meet these standards on top of all its great features. then it really can be the multi-function generator to rule them all!

I agree, curves on Maths have a lot more range, Quadrax really lacks that nice pluck!

I know IJ is probably very swamped right now with DAC replacement cases, but I’m curious if y’all agree that there’s room for improvement on the envelope shape ranges. If Quadrax could be roughly at parity with Maths/Function/Mini Slew on its exponential and logarithmic extremes, I would absolutely buy one and ditch the other voltage-controllable EG modules I’ve been using.

Yep, working on an update that tweaks some things and add some goodies.

2 Likes

hii wondering how you go about flashing the new firmware?

There’s a USB connection on the back of the module and there’s instructions in the firmware updater app.

ahhh yess thank you!

so glad to hear!

I also hope that one day the maximum stage times could be longer than 20 seconds :slightly_smiling_face: thanks for the hard work on these amazing new modules

There’s a trade-off to longer maximum times in that you lose resolution for shorter times. Maybe we will add it as a toggleable option in a future firmware.

thank you for clarifying and considering that!

Toggling between longer and shorter times sounds great.

I’m looking to buy Quadrax before I buy a clock generator, so I was wondering if I can use it to clock itself. I’d think the link modes would allow me to use channel 1 in cycle mode as a clock for the others, but it’s not explicitly stated in the manual.

Nobody seems to have them in stock right now. Is this related to the DAC issue or did it just sell like hotcakes?

Yes you can use one channel to clock the next when in link mode. For example an LFO to trigger an AD envelope in the next channel.

The DAC issue was only at the beginning of the first batch, already fixed and I believe there was already a second batch as well… they are just selling quickly.

1 Like

i’m experiencing some odd behaviour from my quadrax…when turning on my case today (intellijel 7u)
all of my settings were gone from my previous patch…meaning all lights on 3 of the 4 channels were off and channel 4’s mode/destination button is failing to light up. i’m on firmware 1.1.2
any ideas on what could have suddenly happened?