Quadrax

(Videos soon)

8 Likes

This looks amazing! :star_struck:

1 Like

Hoping this will pair well with Quadra+EXP to make some really unique functions.

1 Like

I’m curious if a tempo sync is possible with Burst mode (obviously not in the stock firmware, but in an update). Really great looking module. Excited to get my hands on it. Desperately in need of an EG!

1 Like

In burst mode the trigger is used to trigger the bursts, so it can’t also function as a clock for the waves inside the burst, unless you only want regularly-spaced bursts. In playing around with I’ve found that usually the bursts are too high of rate to be considered rhythmic but are better suited for various modulation effects.

2 Likes

Brilliant. Bravo!

Module looks fantastic. Did you change the panel manufacturer? (guessing only from the photos)

It’s well taken point, but a way to enter a tempo sync’d mode ala the LFO using a CV input would be a nice “Easter egg” kind of feature - realizing it doesn’t jive with existing CV system. I’m just greedy. :yum:

Rhythmic bursts would really compliment how I’m going to use it. I likely won’t have much use for the CV inputs in my live-oriented case, so it would work well for me. (Pre-ordered immediately.)

Will think about it. There’s a lot of different considerations that have to go into whether a feature is possible or not. The CV inputs would be difficult to use for that purpose because of the way they work with the CV matrix and how they are sampled.

1 Like

In the meantime, you could also patch together a similar synced burst by using an AD channel into a CV assigned to the LEVEL (your fade out/in time) of another AD Channel that’s being triggered on a fast clock (your bursts)

1 Like

Or you could use a TRIG in to clock sync an LFO, then link a burst channel using either the LFO’s EOR to have it trigger on the offbeat or EOF to have it trigger on the downbeat. Then adjust the RISE and FALL to get the burst to gel with the timing of your track.

2 Likes

Caveat being I have 4 voices, so every envelope would be in use in my very compact system. The ability to swap a voice to a sync’d burst would very very nice.

Likely Monday.

3 Likes

OK, part 1 of the video manual is up! Lots more to come…

7 Likes

Some constructive criticism for Scott. Please de Ess the videos, very harsh S sounds on every video

Thanks cats. I do use a de-esser, but I guess I need to get more aggressive with it or chain more than one. Keeping the crispness and intelligibility while taming my sibilance has been a challenge!

1 Like

Oh and the rest of the video manuals are up now…

4 Likes

Tough to beat the old pencil trick for VO- just tape one right to the mic so that it’s blocking the very center of the diaphragm. Pens are fine too, but splinters scatter sibilance splendidly :wink:

Although I never noticed it until someone pointed it out.

1 Like

Oh that’s interesting! I’ll give that a try Tofupancho.

Does it work on dynamics and condensers?

Should work fine on whatever you’re used to. If it’s an uncooperative shape like a front-address SM7B or you’d rather not rig it up every time, you could just stick it on a pop filter.

1 Like