Quadrax

I know IJ is probably very swamped right now with DAC replacement cases, but I’m curious if y’all agree that there’s room for improvement on the envelope shape ranges. If Quadrax could be roughly at parity with Maths/Function/Mini Slew on its exponential and logarithmic extremes, I would absolutely buy one and ditch the other voltage-controllable EG modules I’ve been using.

Yep, working on an update that tweaks some things and add some goodies.

2 Likes

hii wondering how you go about flashing the new firmware?

There’s a USB connection on the back of the module and there’s instructions in the firmware updater app.

ahhh yess thank you!

so glad to hear!

I also hope that one day the maximum stage times could be longer than 20 seconds :slightly_smiling_face: thanks for the hard work on these amazing new modules

There’s a trade-off to longer maximum times in that you lose resolution for shorter times. Maybe we will add it as a toggleable option in a future firmware.

thank you for clarifying and considering that!

Toggling between longer and shorter times sounds great.

I’m looking to buy Quadrax before I buy a clock generator, so I was wondering if I can use it to clock itself. I’d think the link modes would allow me to use channel 1 in cycle mode as a clock for the others, but it’s not explicitly stated in the manual.

Nobody seems to have them in stock right now. Is this related to the DAC issue or did it just sell like hotcakes?

Yes you can use one channel to clock the next when in link mode. For example an LFO to trigger an AD envelope in the next channel.

The DAC issue was only at the beginning of the first batch, already fixed and I believe there was already a second batch as well… they are just selling quickly.

1 Like

i’m experiencing some odd behaviour from my quadrax…when turning on my case today (intellijel 7u)
all of my settings were gone from my previous patch…meaning all lights on 3 of the 4 channels were off and channel 4’s mode/destination button is failing to light up. i’m on firmware 1.1.2
any ideas on what could have suddenly happened?

Is it otherwise behaving as expected? If the issue persists you should probably contact support@intellijel.com.

yeah otherwise everything is working as it should. channel 4 is miraculously dead for some reason:/

hmmm also the cv assignments now don’t seem to work…seems like a software issue

ok so reloading the newest update on the firmware seems to have solved the cv assignment issue but unfortunately channel 4 is still unresponsive…i’ll open up a ticket with support

just wondering if this is still being considered. I would love to get a second quadrax to cover my long envelope generation bases - for now, I’m using Zadar for this but Xaoc really shot themselves in the foot with the crappy encoders they used for that module, and I trust much more Intellijel’s long term build quality…

We tweaked the curves in the 1.1 firmware, are you just looking for longer time periods? how long?

Yeah, the new curve options are great. Extremely grateful for that.

Re: ‘how long’ – I’d personally be happy if the maximum duration (sum of all stages) were at least 10 minutes. A few points of comparison that I know of:

• Make Noise Maths & Function have a maximum cycle duration of 25 minutes
  • WMD/SSF Mini Slew’s max is ~30 minutes
  • Xaoc Zadar’s max is 30 minutes

While I’m dreaming, I would also love to see a toggleable option for Quadrax envelopes to reset when it receives mid-attack triggers. But I realize there’s only so many mode switches possible with its interface :slight_smile:

Thanks for always listening to our feedback.

Afaik Maths and Function achieve long cycle times when CV is applied. For now you can also do that on the Quadrax to get really long times.

I’ll look into possibly adding some more options for future firmware

1 Like