Musical Voltage Machine

Here are some track ideas made with my Intellijel modules. I often run the Yamaha EX5 into the ext input of the minibrute2s then that through the warp of the Rubicon 2 or as a vector on Planar 2. Everything has some heavy use of the rainmaker with LFO triggered Quadra messing with CV. Drums are Ableton sample packs.

Rubicon 2 with Minibrute 2S warp in with some video clips from YouTube fed to the Rainmaker modulated by Quadra EOC triggered envelopes for some strange sounds. Ableton Wavetable synth and simpler with sampled drums. QuadVCA, Planar 2, Morgasmatron, Jellysquasher and Shifty in the mix as well.

1 Like

I really enjoyed this one. Great sounds.

Drums are a bit high in the mix though IMO.

2 Likes

I wasn’t using the Quadra+exp much so I decided to mess with this weird quadrature mode. I used the other 3+4 in quadrature mode to modulate the attack and release, applied the modulation to the FM1 on Morgasmatron or Warp X on Rubicon 2 or the CV on Planar 2 or Comb size on the Rainmaker. I find my favorite use for the Planar 2 is mixing A Tri-State, B Warp, C Minibrute 2S, D Rubicon Sub 1. You can get just the right sound. 8 Bar clips recorded and arranged in Ableton Live 10

3 Likes

That mixed bass sounds fat!

1 Like

Grimy bass made with Quadra in Quadrature mode driving Morgasmatron modulating the Rubicon 2 that also has Quadra envelopes with the Planar 2 morphing the waves. Plenty of Rainmaker, Jellysquasher on everything.

All sounds Intellijel / MB2S + Sequencer with only drums in Ableton

Reminds me of NES Zelda dungeon music.

Busted out the ol’ Yamaha EX5 sounds and ran 'em through the Rainmaker / Jellysquasher to freshen them up.
Drums from Ableton Live
Quadra+Exp in quadrature mode triggered by Shifty timed by LFO (Env 1 - Env 3 alternating) Manipulating as many inputs as possible on Rubicon 2 / Minibrute 2S. Planar 2 sweeps through the various wave types from Rubicon 2

Planar 2 with waves input from Rubicon 2 though the Sine was first into the uFold and the X axis controlling Folds. Minibrute 2S into Warp Input with FM being controlled with ADSR. Arpeggios from Minibrute 2S Sequencer
Drums Ableton Live

1 Like

Rainmaker on everything except the drums. Sounds from Rubicon2, MB2S, EX5. Compound modulation from LFO trig Quadra (Quadrature) modulating the other AD into FM1 on Morgasmatron, Rainmaker Comb/Mod.

Nice tracks, they remind me of a lot of industrial electronic music I used to listen to.

1 Like

Quadra in quadrature mode, A D set to minimum so you get a buzz, then modulate the attack on the expander with a slow rising sawtooth LFO in time with tempo. Modulate FM1 on Morgasmatron, Grab the OR out for the Q and turn it up just until it resonates (needed to use an attenuator). I pretty much use Quadra + Expander for everything I do now. Usual Rubicon 2 patch into Planar quadrants, X in from Yamaha EX5 or MB2S. CV XY From Quadra so it whips around super fast. Drums used the Max4Live Step Divider MIDI effect, which was glitchy to use, this sounds slightly different from the master track for some reason.

Drums from Ableton with modulated M4L Step Divider patterns. All clips from eurorack.
Quadra in quadrature mode with A+D modulated by slow sawtooth LFO controlling FM1 Lowpass on Morgasmatron and or XFADE, or PWM on Rubicon 2, or Jellysquasher Makeup. Rubicon 2 typical patch into Planar with Sine, Warp, Tristate, Sub. Warp input from Yamaha EX5 virtual analog sounds. Everything always through Rainmaker. Envelopes in Ableton to blend clips together, some per channel compression and master compression.

Messing around with my microphone into Morgasmatron with FM1 modulated by complex Quadra+EXP patch then into Rainmaker on the wet side. Tapping metal hard drive parts, playback of a circuit bent microcassette, my voice. The usual Rubicon 2 patch as listed in above tracks. Yamaha EX5 finds new life after being filtered through the eurorack. Downside of recording with wet effects is it gets a bit muddy.

1960’s vacuum tube wien-bridge oscillator with unknown state tubes and capacitors outputting a buttery smooth sine wave used as input for TZFM in Rubicon 2. Usual patch with Planar 2 sweeping between Rubicon 2 functions, X/Y modulation from Quadra+EXP. Some EX5 sounds into the Rainmaker. Drums in Ableton with Step Divider M4L toggle.

1 Like

I went back to an old 140BPM track that I didn’t like enough to post. Remixed it down to 90BPM, shifted the pitch and speed on all the clips.

I don’t remember my exact patches at this point but safe to say it was made with a lot of Intellijel gear mainly the Rainmaker. Drums from Ableton.

When I have leftover clips from my eurorack sessions I make a discordant 90 BPM stew.

Mix of sounds from eurorack (all Intellijel modules) Yamaha EX5, Korg Minilogue XD, Ableton Analog Synth.

Majority of sounds originated from my newly acquired Korg Minilogue XD. Extensive use of Quadra + EXP attenuverted through Planar 2 into the MXD (it has some clunky CV input) Sounds processed through Rainmaker, my new favorite thing is to apply subtle modulation to the pitch input. Morgasmatron heavy on the Q with LFO triangle sweep.

Love your choice of graphics on here, I was a huge Space Quest fan :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am an old school PC Gamer goin’ back to the TRS-80 until now.
The .mod file music files from Star Control 2 are what got me into composing back in the 90’s starting with Modtracker then Impulse Tracker.

1 Like

Dirty FM sweeps with Rubicon 2 being fed a signal tuned to C from my old tube oscillator while I jam out on the output and waveform knobs. Morgasmatron LP slow sweeps with a ramp LFO (inverted saw). Bass from Rubicon 2 + Jellysquasher with Makeup modulation. Other sounds from Korg Minilogue XD, Ableton Operator, Wavetable, Drum kits. Ti Speak n Read on the mic into Rainmaker.

First track since I added a second Jellysquasher to my setup. The pair really add the much needed punch to my Minilogue XD and EX5. I have the makeup CV inputs fed the AD envelope that triggers the VCA through Quadratt so you get a really nice rubbery distortion and punch. Steppy used to accent Rubicon 2 FM EXP. My clips all crossed over the frequency range esp in the low end since I leave XFORM on. It took a while to filter everything down again to make it less muddy.