Musical Voltage Machine

I finally got around to running my 1v/oct note sequence CV through the uFold then constraining it through Scales. It ended up sounding very cool however a bit atonal. Worked best on less folds and attenuated LFO in to folds input. Steppy is also used as a way to add accents to FM EXP on Rubicon2 or Hammer on Scanned. Rainmaker to the max.

Sounds inspired by Hans Zimmer :slight_smile:

Pretty awesome track though. Would be right at home in some kind of action video game soundtrack.

1 Like

Maybe Hans Gruber.

My Rubicon 2 has a new friend next door: The Erica Synths Fusion VCO2 that has a tube crunch from an actual tube that really adds a pleasing sort of distortion and tone through the audio input passthrough and a detune. I pass back the sub out to the warp to the Rubicon 2 in this. Steppy used as Scanned trigger, Warp, and FX EXP accents. Rainmaker is never dry in any of my tracks.

Here’s my best attempt at a dystopian cyberpunk themed track. I used Rubicon2 with TZFM LFO input knocked down by Quadratt, FM input from Erica Synths VCO2 and it was also being modulated by both FM and PWM. Gets complicated. But I was able to make some metallic clangy sounds with oscillators. Anyway lots went into this, hope you enjoy this style of music :

BTW The “Pass Cars” preset on Rainmaker is the best for vocal FX

1 Like

Stranger Things inspired, mastered on newly acquired Neumann NDH20 studio headphones.

Made use of the shifty to trigger the quadra + cross connected expander. Quadrature mode FTW. Rainmaker MOD, Comb good targets for modulation. I think I used all of my synths in this one.

1 Like

Nice work… that one has a really cool vibe.

1 Like

Wide variety of modules used, I experimented with the Morgasmatron ring mod using the oscillator from the Minibrute 2S fed through a uFold modulated by Quadra. I don’t think I could use the Minilogue XD without the pair of Jellysquashers to beef up the otherwise weak sound. Arp is from Ableton wavetable.

1 Like

Full range speaker test track.
This was an older track that I circled back and finished off. Lots of eurorack filtering with some nice treble clicks, arp and drums are Ableton Wavetable and Operator.

Having 2 Jellysquashers is awesome but you end up making hot clips (driven to peak) I also have makeup permanently connected to my main AD envelope out of the MB2S. Everything out of eurorack dominates any sort of drums I try to lay down so I end up having to really cut out a lot of content with EQ on both ends and dropping clip level. Anyway here’s a track with a pic of a slug from Burns Bog in Delta.

And here’s one about taking a nap on a plane. If you know what I’m talking about when you start to nod off the ambient sound of the engines sort of cuts in and out as you fall asleep and wake up when you head falls forward. For this I fed a drum loop that I made in Ableton back into my stereo rack and experiemented with various FX and flavored it up with some stereo Tape+X-Form Jelly.
I ran out of buff mults on this one, just waiting for the Quadrax to come out…

1 Like

Modulating the Minilogue XD with a Quadra tamed through a dedicated Duatt. Some Rainmaker sauce on everything. I tried using some subtle ringmod with the Morgasmatron but you can barely hear it.

1 Like

Oh wow, this one is killer right from the start. I’m a huge fan of industrial electronic, so this is right up my alley. I didn’t realized the Minilogue XD had CV ins either.

1 Like

This one is ace. Excellent work cold response!

1 Like

I can hear the ring mod.

New virus themed track. “You can really taste the Quadra”
I made use of the Rubicon2 TZFM with a slow triangle LFO to get that breathing effect. Majority of the sound came from the Rubicon2 in this track.
Vocals through the Ableton vocoder kinda sounds like the Borg.
The base bassline was sequenced in the Qu-Bit Bloom, but I constrained its output through Scales. At the last part I cranked the mutate knob which basically re-writes the base pitch values, they start to jump octaves, and with a bit of slew and still fixed to 3 or 4 notes through Scales it made an interesting sound.
Pic from the grill of 1980 Wharfedale Mach 9.

This is straight up awesome. Reminds of me of FLA in a big way

1 Like

I used F-14 radio chatter from the 1989 encounter at Tobruk where 2 F-14 Tomcats engaged 2 Libyan Mig-23s.
I started this track before my last one so I don’t remember exactly what synths I used. Safe to say eurorack was involved.

I had to refer to the Intellijel YouTube video on how to use Morgasmatron for Ring Mod, it took me a while to get the right “you are a protocol droid are you not” sound… I patched my mic into A and B, XFade set to noon, XFADE Bias to 50% B side, XFADE IN from Rubicon2 Sine set to F#-0 or F#-1. B side LP filter down 30% with just enough Q before it self resonates. I really need to use this thing more. I even discovered a new compound oscillator sound that I will explore later. I watched some vids on the cold war and nuke silos which would receive EAM’s in order to potentially launch nuclear weapons. I sorta did my own take on the examples from YouTube. I used my Quadra+EXP in quadrature mode for some of the background sounds, and in very fast AD loop mode into my X-PAN which controls LP or SP on a MN QPAS. Quadra controls Minilogue XD for the background frequency sweep. I used some Ableton VSTs for the melodic parts.

2 Likes

Cool! Nice work Chris…

1 Like