Module Request: Metropolix CVx

Hi there,

I really would wish for a CVx module for the Metropolix to have CV outputs for all the mod lanes.
What do you people think? Do you also all the time wish for an output C and D?

All the best
Arne (hoping that it’s okay to post something like this)

4 Likes

Instead of another expander to accommodate such a feature, I’d just like this suggestion to be another option on the Gx expander. Also with maybe Combo options of 4 gates and 4 CV for four mod lanes.

1 Like

Yes, this would be fantastic. But, as far as I know, the Gx is technically limited to gates. So this would be a Gx v2.
I would love to use it.

1 Like

A gate is just a voltage signal the same as CV. So I’m not sure why they would build the hardware to have that restriction.

1 Like

A gate is a voltage signal with two levels - the circuitry to output that is much simpler than a full digital-to-analog converter like used in the CVx.

Based on the photo of the back of the Gx from the Schneidersladen listing, the chip used is the TCA6408A I2C I/O expander which provides 8 digital (on/off) outputs.

2 Likes

Bummer. Thanks for the info.

I was just going to post the exact same question!!!
I have a Qx, and find I have no use for all those gate options when I connect it to Metropolix. But using one of my CVx modules to add 8 more outputs for CV from the Mod lanes, or some selectable gate choices would be fantastic.

2 Likes

I’m not gonna lie: a CVx-like expander for Metropolix, giving it Voltage Block-like superpowers, would be awesome.

1 Like