Midi 1u and portamento

Is there a way to use portamento in this module? i have tried everything (sending ccs to single mode and dual mode) and nothing worked, it would be really sad if a high resolution midi interface couldn’t do this. I hope i’m doing something wrong. (high resolution outputs work really well so i imagine it is possible to do it with an update)

1 Like

Currently it’s not supported, the MIDI code was a rewrite from the uMIDI in order to support the drum and polyphonic modes and the portamento feature was not implemented. It’s on the list for a future update though.

1 Like

I’m happy to listen it, do you think it will take a long time? (honestly i was sure it had it because i had seen the umidi video)
Thank you for the support!

Currently working on some other projects but hopefully will be able to get to it after that. Sorry but I can’t provide a timeline at this point.

1 Like

Thank you!!

I hope this will happen soon.

Came here to request this as well. A slew limiter can kind of get the job done, but it would be very convenient to have it built in. Glad to hear this is getting worked on!

2 Likes

i didn’t send back this module to the shop because of this answer… (i didn’t use it one time, i hope to don’t have to sell it to just loose money)

will this ever happen?

We are beta testing the portamento feature right now

5 Likes

yeee!! thank you very much!!

Here it is! Sorry for the delay, this has been quite a year :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks very much. Installing now. :slight_smile:

The config app won’t open for me. I don’t think it’s a permissions issue, either. I’m on a 2020 intel Macbook Pro running Monterrey. Any ideas?:
Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 5.17.27 PM

Mmm yeah looks like there is an issue there, I will check it out, could be a problem with our auto build system.

I’ve compiled the app and uploaded a new version, it should be fine now. Thanks for the heads up.

https://intellijel.com/downloads/firmware/Intellijel_Config_macOS_1.2a.zip

[EDIT, both this link and the original should work, I added an “a” to break any caching that someone might run into]

1 Like

Thank you very very much!

1 Like