Metropolix update request

Im enjoying Metropolix a lot right now. What is somewhat not fluent for me, is the editing of the modlanes. In a live situation it would be such a great thing to not need to edit it step based and turn the encoder rather then record the movement of the encoder or by one of the control knobs. Don’t know if this is realistic but would be great fun.

Go to the individual modlane, hit a button and quick record that movement in. Done in seconds and would be a big step forward in a live situation.

Can imagine the same for the tracks pitch.

Another thing: is there a totally unquantised slider option for the stages with continuous pitch? That would be great as well.

Thanks already for your great work!

3 Likes

Hmm, in Transport A/B/C modes for the Mx, you don’t get a reset out from the “reset” button unless the transport is running. Would it be possible to have that reset sent when the sequencer is stopped? I like to send a reset before run to my synced devices…

1 Like

Will add these to the wishlist.

Yep, you can get the direct slider voltages from A and B outputs.

2 Likes

Thats great! I used Metropolix more intense the last couple of days and it happened to me when practicing performing the loopy or use it to mute/ unmute it I accidentally pushed the run button which is direct next to it and it stops it all directly.

I was thinking if it’s possible to lock the run button or something, at least if it’s run/ start stop from external? Or making it a button combo for example. Would really help to avoid that, when it’s in a live situation’s and I’m clocking it from external.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I have a shapeshifter, and I’ve been using the metropolix to modulate the chord quality (mod b).

It would be really nice if when the metropolix is stopped, and you’re sending CV out of A or B, that when editing a step, the voltage would present at the output. Currently I believe it’s only sent when playing, but it would be nice to dial in the step while it’s not playing. Hopefully that made sense.

Also, is there a way to modulate gate type? You can modulate pulse count, seems like gate type should be possible too.

Thanks!!

1 Like

Will add this to the wishlist… For now, if you go into Loopy mode when the sequencer is stopped, you can press a stage to Audit it, it should update the MOD outs as you expect. it will not update as your editing, but you can at least check your values.

1 Like

I have always wanted step-based editing of CVs and mods too.
I always think of that when I am controlling Morphagene in Metropolix.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’ve already made a post on this subject before noticing there was a topic dedicated to Metropolix features request, so here I go again :slight_smile: (with the hope to be more intelligible, my english being quite bad).

Would it be possible to add “fractions” to the probability section ? That is, instead of using percentage of probability, you would chose a ratio (1/8, 1/7, 1/6, 1/5, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 6/7, 7/8).

1/3 means that the stage (or pulse, depending on the probability target) will occur 1 time out of 3. For example, let’s imagine a 4 stages long sequence, where the first stage is set with a probability fraction of 1/3 (set to target stages) and the 3 others to play normally (pulse count 1, no prob), the sequence would go like this :

Stage 1 | Stage 2 | Stage 3 | Stage 4 |
X | X | X | X (every step is played for the first run)
0 | X | X | X (the first stages will not play this time)
0 | X | X | X (same)
X | X | X | X (first step play again)
etc.

Then, let’s imagine the same sequence, but with probability target set on “pulses”.
The first step is set to 4 pulses count, with prob of 1/3. The 3 others are normal (pulse count 1, no prob). It would then go like this :

Stage 1 (prob 1/3, ratchet 4) | Stage 2 | Stage 3 | Stage 4 |
(X 0 0 X) | X | X | X |
(0 0 X 0) | X | X | X |
(0 X 0 0) | X | X | X |
(X 0 0 X) | X | X | X |
etc.

In my humble opinion, that would be an awesome feature to introduce controlled variations in the sequence. You can find the same thing in the conditionnal trig options on the octatrack and some other sequencers.

3 Likes

I love this idea, conditional trigs were a great sequencing innovation that should be shared more widely in my opinion !

I was wondering if Metropolix could be used as a MIDI arpeggiator. If it is possible to quantize to the scale of the pressed keys, the possibilities would be even greater.

The above effect was achieved using Bitwig Notegrid.
Metropolix’s Reset Input set to Run.
The first Bitwig track receives MIDI from the keyboard and sends the note CV to Metropolix’s Reset.
The second Bitwig track receives MIDI from Metropolix and sends it through Pitch Quantize to the sound source. Set Use Note Input to the first Bitwig track in the module settings.

Hello everyone,
Is there any chance to add trak1/2 settings parameters into control knobs?
Such as Gate types, Gate stretching, Rest Pitch
Thanks

1 Like

i think that importing scala files (over MIDI?) is a necessity to really become a workhorse sequencer; other sequencers (aka USTA to name one) have even implemented them; i make extensive use of non 12tet scales (mostly raga and user scales)

1 Like

Not sure if this is by design, but today, I had Ctrl-1 assigned to Skip Invert. A bit later not realizing I had this previously assigned, I tried to Assign CV X also to Skip Invert. It let me assign it and I connected a gate CV to the input. The display showed it was receiving gate but nothing audible was working.

I assume you can’t have 2 controls modulating the same parameter based on my finding. Took me a bit to figure this out but it would be good to have it let you know this is not allowed when trying to do this if that is the case, as I was scratching my head as to why it wouldn’t work.

I have my Metropolix clocked via Midi and connected to Metropolix I have Pamela’s Pro Workout. Unfortunately, I’m only able to send a clock from Metropolix at 4ppqn - this appears to be Metropolix’s maximum Clock output rate (even though it will be receiving a much higher resolution Midi Clock). The end result is Pamela takes longer to get in sync than what it should. It’s only slight, but compared with a 24ppqn clock, it’s noticeable.

Feature Request: to be able to send faster clocks. Perhaps when Metropolix is externally clocked, Clock Out could be a division of the incoming clock. Or, offer multipliers on the Clock Out ALT screen instead of just dividers.

1 Like

I use a Hermod+ to power everything and as I change patterns on that everything in my patches adjust… except Metropolix.

Any chance there can be an update to allow changing Presets via Program Change / Note value / CC?

THXOX

1 Like

It would be great if each CV input can be sent to multiple destinations.

Just got a Metropolix and am having a lot of fun with it!

My one feature request: Changing the default control knob routing either via the control knob assignment screen or in SETUP. I find myself constantly reassigning the control knobs to the same setting and it would be great to set my own defaults.

Second this feature request and would also like Metropolix to accept 24ppqn clocks as well as send them.

The ability to mute the mod lanes 1-8 or all of them with a gate via the X, Y, and Z inputs would be an excellent addition for controlling Metropolix with other sequencers.

1 Like