First at all, im really in love with the combination Téte and Tetrapad.
The control and variety it gives you over the eurorack is great. Thanks for the great and intuitive product!
Since I often play in live situations, I miss some features and I wanted to tell you about them in the hope that they will be integrated in the future.
Save and load problem:
• It often happens that when I want to save a preset, something slips in time, an LFO shifts or something else happens that changes the groove. It would be really nice if this could be fixed.
• The preset-load problem that Téte will stop if im loading a new project. This is of course suboptimal for live situations. Is there a possibility in the future that the module won’t stop when changing presets? It is best to have a setting that takes the tempo and the bar section of the previous project optionally onto the newly loaded one
A few more features for a good workflow when jamming would be:
• A metronome function. The idea would be a setting for the CV outputs. A very normal clock that can be divided or multiplied. The clock would then have a 5V voltage (louder) at the start of the first cycle and the remaining clock beats would then be quieter (2.5 V?). I hope I explained it clearly.
• Preset linking to voltages. The idea here would be to link the saved presets to Voltage mode. So you could assign a touchpad with the voltage mode in combo mode and call up 4 presets on the fly.
• Recording the push intensity in notes mode.
By the way, here is abug that I had yesterday evening: In Voltage Como mode I could no longer change voltages at the outputs. After a module reset and various restarts, it worked again.
Edit: Have the problem again, would it help to record a short video ?
As for voltages not updating, I may be as simple as having the Tete encoder rotated to “Bypass Pad” which bypasses the touch pads when the looper is stopped, and allows you to erase/mute portions of the loop during playback or overdub.
If it’s something else, you can provide a simple video of the bugs you’re experiencing and send it to email@example.com, we can have a look!
Feture request for Tetê:
Independent slew per channel. Hold shift plus turn knob to affect Slew on just that channel.
Maybe add global option in voltages mode for slew to be either Global or Per Channel. I came across this need using Tetê as a ‘scene animator’ - some things like Bifold need a slow slew to shift into a different level of wavefolding, where changing the root note of the sequences on my USTA sequencer require immediate shift of voltage.
Also (I made this request somewhere else)… Gate option per channel in Voltages Mode.
The ability to change a channel to a gate rather than a continuous voltage. My thought is if the channel is turned into a gate (purple channel light?), then it sends a 5V gate if the value of the channel is positive, and doesn’t send a gate if the voltage is negative.
Additional enhancement - Gate length determined by the positive amount of that the channel is set to. Anything under .5 is just a trigger, from .5 to 5.0 is a range of time (eg. from 10ms to 5s?).
This would allow setups like having 4 pitches and 4 gates, with direct control of each voice firing separately… or complex 8-trigger percussion sequences.
If this hasn’t been requested before… More subdivisions on the sequencer clock. Right now it only goes as low as /4… would love to see some more and odd/triplet divisions too (so I can stop using Pamela as a go between from my MIDI 1U clock)… /1.3, /2.6, /3, /5, /6, /7, /8… I’d love to see it go down to /16 or even lower so voltages mode can act like a slow-moving scene manager.
In Voltages mode, I’d like to see the button to “Randomize Banks…” changed to “Randomize…”, and then be presented with the options to select “All”, or each of the 8 individual outputs. Then you could select the min/max range and randomize individual outputs based on what you are manipulating with that channel.
It would be really useful to be able to output the same voltage from all 4 outs when in Notes/Scale Mode. I hardly ever want to output a chord, but often want to send the same voltage to multiple destinations, e.g. filter freq, res etc. It would be wonderful to have a ‘unison’ mode in Notes/Scale like there is in Notes/Chord so that all 4 outs will output the same note/voltage.
One idea I keep coming back to is an alt-mode of Euclidean combo that works a little more like the Switches combo. It would replace the vertical CV output of the second jack with the inverted pattern.
So if you had the 5/16 pattern from page 52, the first output would remain unchanged as : XoooXooXooXooXoo - & the inverted pattern would be: oXXXoXXoXXoXXoXX.
This would be helpful to coax even more gate patterns from Téte and Tetrapad - the patterns would be somewhat binary on each pad. Config could probably inherit the existing settings from the main Euclidean mode & possibly Switches since slew isn’t as applicable.