A few Tete suggestions

Apologies for creating a new thread … I’ve thought to comment on another but since it hasn’t gotten a reply yet, I don’t want to step on the OP’s toes.

I agree with recent suggestions I’ve read here about fixing the LFOs’ phase resetting when their clock-synced rates change, a pressure-tracking CV on the second output in LFO mode, and clock-quantizing pad changes in the Looper.

Besides that, I’d love to see Bank Y (with CLK, Trig, and Pad variants) as an X/Y/Z CV destination in Combo mode, so we can address the voltage banks with external CV in Combo mode.

It would also be incredible if there were some way of modulating the playback speed of a Looper loop besides using Loopy and scrubbing through it with CV – like, perhaps a clock-based control of it that could be sourced from the X/Y/Z inputs, where the loop gets stretched or compressed in its playback speed as a function of the distance between clock ticks on the assigned input, but it plays back at the original speed if that assigned X/Y/Z input is left unpatched.

Last, I believe the A/B assignable pressure output is broken in Combo mode when a Voltage Banks fader is the source for it. It behaves as if there’s a track and hold on it.

Thanks for listening.

Duly noted!

1 Like

I agree with all those above - esp. phase reset and clock quantized Looper. Something I would like to add is more division in the Sequencer Clock. I find /4 to not be enough, especially for chord changes and anything more extended.

THX

2 Likes

As I asked about on MW today, a big +1 from me for the suggestion of CV over playback speed - or even better - playback position of data contained in the looper. Scrubbing a recorded loop without doing this via Loopy would be incredibly powerful, as it is in Scan mode on Planar 2!

3 Likes

Another Tetê suggestion.
I’d like to make a request for an addition to Voltages mode.
Right now, when you press the white button, you can tap/select a bank/pad, then turn a knob to change the voltage for that output, and press the knob to change it from raw +/-5V to quantized voltage output.

I’d like to ask for the addition of one more mode:
…If you click the channel knob once more, the LED cycles to magenta (for a gate - using the same color code in Notes mode), and now the knob changes to the amount of time the gate will stay open when the bank is activated. if it is set to 0 - then the gate is not fired. The time could be in milliseconds. If the gate time has not expired before you change to another bank - then you have a tie.
I was just thinking how this would work with sending voltages to oscillator pitch and other parameters, like Warp and Index on Rubicon2, and then having Quadrax getting hit with preselected triggers/gates to fire off envelopes to things like my filter cutoff and an output VCA. This would make Tetê Voltages mode like a 4-track 16-step sequencer - only way beyond!

2 Likes

Hey there, just to avoid making a new thread.

Would it be possible to have a setting on Tete to reduce the metronome blinking to quarter notes instead of sixteenth notes? The screen-area and purple LED is inevitably stared at a bunch, and it just seems a bit less useful to have the BPM blink so quickly, hard to look at in the dark.

4 Likes

this a lot! more ext. clock divions would definitly be very useful

Loving all the changes rolled out in Tête 1.2 + Tetrapad 3.1. Even the “little” things like recognizing encoder acceleration more throughout the UI. Thanks for listening to us and implementing so many of our suggestions!

I have a few more :slight_smile:

• I’d still love to see some way to modulate (or even just manually change through a set list of divisions or multiplications) the playback speed of a Looper loop (without using Loopy), so we could stretch or compress its playback speed.

• It would be cool if there were Loopy Shift (CLK) and Loopy Shift (Trig) CV assignment options, where the CV gets sampled by the clock or by Mod Trigs before it’s applied to the Loopy shift position. This would allow us to switch between (a) playing back a Looper loop continuously and (b) turning the loop’s contents into a voltage-addressable step sequence. (I’ve tried this with an external sample & hold and it is a little glitchy actually, so I imagine that an internal implementation could be better.)

• I’d love to see some analog of an “Edit View” for Voltage Banks in Combo Mode. Maybe hold white button + press a bank allows us to edit that bank’s two voltages, regardless of the recording or CV modulation of bank?

• It would also be nice if there were temporally quantized modes (clock and/or Mod Trig-based) for touching and recording Voltage Banks in Combo mode. That might have to be configured in the Setup menu. The idea here is that when you touch a new bank, the bank change is immediately sampled but not applied until the next clock pulse or Mod Trigger. This would be useful for recording touch-ordered “sequences” of banks within Combo mode, while keeping changes clock/trigger synced. This would be especially helpful because, depending on your pressure and sensitivity settings, it can be a bit tricky to get timings just right on the surface.

Cheers :pray:

1 Like

(edited to a numbered list for easy reply)

1. This is would a pretty big change to the core looper system of the module. It’s already on the wishlist, but I wouldn’t hold my breath here.
      1. Added to the wishlist.

Thanks for the requests :slight_smile:

1 Like

I totally understand that re: (1), and it’s basically already solvable using an external clock-divisible ramp LFO scrubbing Loopy Shift in the Hold length. I’m delighted 2/3/4 made it to the wishlist :slight_smile:

1 Like

In addition to suggestions 2-4, I have another idea that may hopefully be feasible if it resonates with others and with the IJ team.

I love that Tete can record position and pressure for unipolar & bipolar faders in Combo mode, though I struggle sometimes to nail down the right position & pressure gestures simultaneously (e.g. when the light touch I want for certain pressure moments conflicts with my need to record a certain fader position). If there were any way to optionally decouple these and record them in separate takes, that issue would be unblocked and a lot more precision would be possible. Maybe the action could be the fader pad’s Shift button + Tete record button = overwrite pressure recording with a new pressure recording while not overwriting the position recording? Maybe multiple presses of the record button in combination with that pad’s Shift would cycle between “record position + pressure, record position only, record pressure only”?

Hi! new owner and user here!

I would like to suggest a potential updates to Tete, that i believe to be fairly easy and indeed very needed (reading the feedback from people):

I’m very surprised to see there is no way to have the same Play Pause function in Combo mode as in the other modes! I’m syncing a Steppy to it and would want to use the Tete as main clock / start stop.
Could we have direct access to transport without having to clock it externally or recording a blank bar?

Secondly, i would be so happy to see the possibility to change the play pause function with long press for reset, to a (fairly common) play stop (& reset) on short presses. seems it could be something that could be added to menu? “stop function: pause / reset”

thank you! :slight_smile:

i’m afraid this forum is deserted ahah

i have another suggestion that should be easy: add Scale to modulation choices of X, Y, Z! that would be so lively and musical