Tete LFOs in Combo Mode

The controls over the LFO in Combo mode seem a little limited. In particular, there are several things I’d love to see added:

1. Max and Min frequency settings.

At the moment these are fixed (either as fixed frequencies, or as fixed multiples or divisions of the clock rate, depending on whether the LFO is free running or synced). It’d make real time performance of LFO frequency a lot less hit and miss if.

1. Dynamic control of amplitude

The only amplitude control at the moment is setting the output to 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5v, but this isn’t controllable dynamically through the pad. I’d love the option be able to use pressure to go from 0v to whatever maximum amplitude I’ve set.

1. Ability to switch pressure and position

If we have (2), I’d also love to be able to choose which of pressure and position affects frequency, and which affects amplitude.

1. Ability to send pressure out of the second channel output.

Currently the 2nd output for the channel is always the inverted LFO waveform. There are times when I’d much rather be able to output the pressure from the pad there instead. In the absence of (2) this would at mean that I could at least send the LFO output (first output) into a VCA so that I could control the level with pressure.

All of this is really aimed at introduce controlled vibrato and so forth. It seems like the pressure sensor get a bit shortchanged in LFO mode!

Many thanks for a great module.

1 Like

These are all really great ideas, thank you.

+1 !

I think it’s kind of a waste to send an inverted copy of the LFO out of the second output. Inverters/attenuverters are cheap and plentiful in Eurorack, but loopable pressure-tracking CV definitely is not!

I particularly hope you’ll consider switching the inverted LFO for a pressure-tracking CV on the second output. With that, we could have an LFO plus a pressure controller in one pad (kinda like how you can use a Euclidean pad as a Euclidean gate generator + a position-tracking control), and as the OP mentions at the end, we could multiply them through a VCA to get the dynamic amplitude control if we want that.

1 Like