2 metropolis in series

Hello I would like to put 2 metropolis in series.
To get a metropolis with twice as many steps, but I can’t do it.
Do you have a solution please

You would need something like a sequential switch.

I have a sequencial switch, I do tests but I can’t do it.
could you explain me the procedure to make the patch please.
I would like that when one metropolis works the other stops, to be able to supply the 1v / oct of a single vco.
Thank you for your help.

or something else but being able to make that I feed only one vco 1v / oct.
because all the tests that I could make give variations of 1v / oct inconsistent or not stable

Would be nice if you could configure the sync out to send a signal when the last note in the sequencer has been played - you could used this to flip flop a switch.

yes I tried but the sync out triggers a trig and for the metropolis to work there must be 5v constant at the reset input and the metropolis does not stop after triggering the sync out …
it gets complicated, I swim!

Maybe this could work with a Flip Flop toggle like the one in Plog?

OK, I gave this a test and yes it is possible with Plog!

Here’s how you set it up:

1. Set both Metropolis’ to rST_r (RESET RUN) and SYn_L (SYNC LAST)
  2. Send the GATE outputs from both Metros to the X and Y inputs of channel A on Plog, and set it to OR
  3. Take the SYNC output from Metropolis 2 to the TOGGLE input of Plog.
  4. Send OUT T to the RESET input on Metropolis 1
  5. Take the SYNC output from Metropolis 1 to the CLK input on Plog
  6. Send OUT D to the RESET input on Metropolis 2.
  7. You may have to manually trigger the red toggle button on Plog or the RUN button on Metropolis 1 to start the sequence. This may also only work if the rear jumper on Plog is in the default OUT B position.

I made a quick and dirty video demo here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cqUAXSqSdQLywvBkLbuZR6kC-Q4MGZbM

thank you very much for your very explicit video.
I still have a question, is it possible to synchronize the 2 metropolis with an external machine like a beatstep pro for example, and that this external machine gives the clock and the start of the sequence.
thanks again

Yes, this is possible. You would need to set both Metropolis’ to C_EXT (Clock External) under INT/EXT. Then you would either mult the Beatstep clock and send it to both Metropolis’, or send it to CLK in on the first, then take the CLK output from that one and send it to CLK in on the second.

Whether this will start/stop playback will depend on whether the BSP sends clock while stopped or only while playing.

1 metropolis is effective but 2 in series I think that the possibilities and the flexibility will be unequaled, to make long sequences, or complex, or versatile, or the 3 at the same time. I look forward to plog to test.
again thank you for your very efficient help

1 Like

I’m sure it’s possible using other modules than Plog, it’s just something I happened to have here and am familiar with as part of the Intellijel family.

hello I finally experimented with plog and the two metropolis in series it works, but le1v / oct of the last step of metropolis transposes the 1v / oct of metropolis according to. This makes it difficult to manipulate the sequences. Is there a solution so that the 1v / oct of the last step does not transpose the following sequence? With plog?
I have not found yet
cordially
seb

Ah, I see. Because the note is sustaining even while the sequence is stopped.

One way to prevent this would be to mix the sequences using a VCA with the toggle gates muting and unmuting the two sequences, but I feel like there must be a simpler way to do it.

I had also thought about VCA but I was hoping for an easier way that I cannot find.
if you have a solution would be great

That’s why I was saying you’ll need a sequential switch. Literally switching the two metropolises (metropoli?) back and forth to the v/oct input.

sorry but I do not understand.
can you explain me more precisely please

I think this is what you want. (Note, instead of using the ORs on the Plog, I used the second channel of the switch to switch between the two metroplis gate signals)…

Instead of mixing the CV of Metropolis 1 and 2, the VC switch module will choose which one is routed to the oscillator.

1 Like

thank you for your response, i don’t have time to test your patch yet
I have already tried with the A150 the difficulty I had is that for the 1v / oct it is not stable. one of the two channels varies by a quarter of a tone almost and I have not solved this problem.
for audio signal or CV it works very well but for 1v / oct I do not know how to do so that the two are right.

Bummer, I bet if you buffer both of the v/oct signals before the A-150 it would help. Maybe there is another switch module that has active channels so that there is no signal loss.