2 metropolis in series

Hello, I come back to you because I have several problems with the patch for 2 metropolis in series synchronized with beatstep pro which makes it impossible for me to have stable synchronization with other machines or a computer

1 problem:

• to have 32 steps: 16 in the first / 16 in the second metropolis I have to add 1 step

which makes 17 steps in the first / 16 in the second metropolis for a total of 32 listening

2 problem:
the 2 metropolis in series does not always work when I trigger with the beatstep pro and even rather rarely.
What happens most often is that either the two metropolis start together and then stop, or the first starts and then the 2 together then they stop.

3 problem:
the sequence does not restart at the start of the sequencer after stopping.
What makes the recording there is an offset with the rest of the recorded tracks

No matter how much I look, I can’t find a solution …
Thanks for your help
cordially
Raimondo Sebastien

1 Like

Hey Sebastien,

Jesse had a good suggestion for how to set this up with the BSP using 4 drum tracks. You would use track 1 to RESET Metropolis 1, track 2 to CLK Metropolis 1, Track 3 to RESET Metropolis 2, Track 4 to CLK Metropolis 2. Then you would set up a 4 bar loop with track 2 playing on each step for the first 2 bars and track 4 playing each step on the last 2 bars. You would also need to set up steps on track 1 and 3 to provide your RESETs to get them starting from the beginning.

Does that make sense?

why not, I will try.
I did not think about it
thank you

1 Like

but the interest of the two metropolis in series is that it is possible to make sequenses of 128 steps.
when I use the beatstep pro as a trigger, the total sequense cannot exceed 64 steps (it seems to me).
is it not possible to correct the malfunctions of the previous patch with plog?

• to have 32 steps: 16 in the first / 16 in the second metropolis I have to add 1 step

which makes 17 steps in the first / 16 in the second metropolis for a total of 32 listening

2 problem:
the 2 metropolis in series does not always work when I trigger with the beatstep pro and even rather rarely.
What happens most often is that either the two metropolis start together and then stop, or the first starts and then the 2 together then they stop.

3 problem:
the sequence does not restart at the start of the sequencer after stopping.
What makes the recording there is an offset with the rest of the recorded tracks

No matter how much I look, I can’t find a solution …
Thanks for your help
cordially
Raimondo Sebastien