1U modules wishlist

I’ve decided to make a DIY Batumi expander (Xaoc Poti clone) in the space I have left. Free up 3HP of valuable 3U space. I saw the idea mentioned in the Eurorack FB group today - I think it’s an inspired idea!

1 Like

I’d like that actually. But maybe I can grab what you have next time I’m by that way, which may be soon!

Here’s a pic of a DIY 1U I made; 1x3 mult w/ 6 SPST switches to close jumpers on Ladik modules, mostly the clock divider options but also VCO/LFO mode on the Oscillator…

2 Likes

This got me thinking: would you consider making 1U panels (just the panels) as an accessory to those existing modules that could fit horizontally in a 1U row? Wouldn’t it be possible to fit most <6HP modules that way?

1 Like

Exciting to see more of these coming down the line. I love the cases, so I have a lot of extra 1U space. Echoing what a lot of others have said, here’s my list:

• LFOs of any nature or flavour welcomed here, although I prefer square and sine waves, if possible.

• A single passive attenuator: The Quadatt is an excellent module, but sometimes you have less space and attenuators are always useful. Something passive that could fit in-between the gaps of bigger 1U modules would be great.

• Some type of control tile: A button, joystick, pad, I do not have a preference, they would all have their uses.

Lastly, remixing Knettgummi’s idea a bit: I really like the idea of an adapter tile to convert smaller 3U modules. Basically just a faceplate with mounting points catered to accept 4HP and/or 2HP modules in sideways and fit inside a 1U space.

Here are my thoughts:

• Microphone XLR input with 48v phantom power on/off button and a gain knob. (I’m not sure if the XLR connector is too big, but this would be killer!)
  • (rotating) clock divider
  • comparator
  • mini compressor
  • A clock generator with a display for BPM that says “Hello, u so wavy!” when you turn the machine on.
  • Plog in 1U
  • Eurorack voltages to LZX voltages converter.
3 Likes

Would love to see a unity mixer. Something like this would be great:

https://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/synthrotek-1u-unity-gain-mixer.html

Is there any way to shoehorn one of these into an Intellijel case? At the moment I don’t care if it’s pretty!!

1 Like

It kind of bugs me that, in the 104HP case, I can’t fit the Audio I/O, Quadratt, Noise Tools, MIDI, and Headphone jack. It ends up being 2HP too large. So, for me, a smaller Quadratt would be something I’d seriously consider putting into the case.

Failing that, a more compact USB power module (can you fit two instead of one?), or any kind of manual control would be great (knobs, buttons, ribbons).

1 Like

An FSR sensor with Gate and pressure CV outputs, in 6hp or 8hp would be a handy space filler.

3 Likes

a compact effects loop module for integrating pedals. just an input, output and a wet/dry knob.

6 Likes

An Intellijel 1u that is essentially a vertically racked high quality stereo recorder. 96k/24bit, infinite recording with automatic file splits once the WAV has reached its 4 gig limit. Either an SD card slot or a usb port for saving audio to a computer, whatever is cheaper and more efficient i would say. audio thru-ports so that you don’t have to mult. Might be a bit deep and surely it would be expensive but I would love to have my rack always recording what it is doing.

2 Likes

I’s there an elegant way to stack two Digitanks and one 1U buff-mult for 3U rack placement.

something like:

1 Like

How about an 84HP stereo mixer with as many inputs, attenuators and fx send/returns as you can fit? Something like the WMD performance mixer, but 1U :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’m wondering if it would make sense to split the Audio I/O module into two… Audio I and Audio O as it were…

1 Like

We already kind of have:

https://intellijel.com/eurorack-modules/line-in-1u/

https://intellijel.com/eurorack-modules/line-out-1u/

1 Like

I meant without the 1/4" jacks because I want to use the ones in the 7U cases

I admitt I am confused regarding the audio lines in&out on the 7U case. Are the audio outs on the 7U case already at ‘line level’?

Why is the separate audio in&out iU module necessary?

The 1/4" jacks on the case are not connected to anything. If you want to use them you need the I/O module.

Some people might want the case, but not want to use jack outputs. So I guess Intellijel gave them the option to choose another 1U module instead.

But I agree with @RadicalQuiver - I would like the option of a smaller module which only connects to the outputs. I find I don’t use the inputs so I could be putting another module in that space.

3 Likes

Would love a v. basic stereo mixer. Something like 4 mono inputs with level/pan plus a stereo input with level control.

3 Likes

plus 1 for a uStep in 1U format… or even a 1U panel for existing users

3 Likes