1U modules wishlist

Pedal compatible. I can split and combine stereo signals separately or use stereo pedals but this would be greatly appreciated and would allow me to use all four of the jacks at once to full capacity

Actually, it would be great to have the option to change between line level and pedal compatible either by a switch on the front or a jumper on the back.

1 Like

Sequential switch anyone?

7 Likes

how about Crossfade? might be awesome for performance

12 Likes

The crossfader looks great. Might be useful to normal the A inputs with 0V and the B ins with 5V so you could use it as a voltage source if nothing’s patched (or B-L with +5V and B-R with -5V to create an inverted output). Might be nice to have CV control of the crossfader position and a small knob to control the curve of the crossfader, but that would probably have to increase the HP.

I like the idea of a 1U sequential switch but I’m a bit confused by your design. Are the bottom jacks outputs, or inputs?

5 Likes

On the sequential switch… the bottom jacks are inputs… taking both cv or audio… the buttons on top of them are for selecting and active/deactivate steps… :))

Rickytinez be like „bruhhh this module is insane!!“ ( pointing at 1U crossfader on his Palette case ) :rofl:

1 Like

Unless you’re really attached to the idea of crossfading with a slider, take a look at the Happy Nerding Dual xFade, which is roughly the same size (3U 4HP vs. what appears to be 1U 22HP) and packs a ton of functionality. I like ScottMFR’s curve control idea - that’s one thing the Dual xFade lacks.

Knob for curve control yes yes yes. The Pioneer DJMs have different settings for the main cross fade curve and it’d be a blast to use in the CV ecosystem.

+1 for FH-1 style MIDI 1u, or the MIDI expanders idea by @damase
I want to run multiple MIDI channels from the Octatrack into the 7u case and make use of the MIDI jacks on the case.

This would be perfect. I currently have some OTO boxes that live in the send/return of my desktop mixer but it only has a mono send. I’d love to have a 1U tile for this to get my stereo capabilities back without having to get a new mixer or take up 3U space!

1 Like

What would you think of having a 1U tile that connects to a pair of case jacks to provide a 1/4" Headphone out and a 1/4" Mono TRS Out? On the tile itself it would have a left and right input (with the left normalled to the right), the mono out would receive the sum of the two input channels. Then it would have a pair of LEDs and volume control (either one knob for both, or separate controls). Basically it would look like the bottom half of Outs. I think this could be done in about 12HP so it would provide a smaller footprint than the Stereo Line Out and Headphones 1U.

Do you think this is redundant with all the other options that exist already or would it be a worthwhile alternative?

2 Likes

yea the 1 channel limitation of uMidi i think has run its course for me and im gonna have to go 3u for the fh-2… i do enjoy the plug n play aspect of uMidi. hope to see some kinda of update to it in the future

1 Like

add clocked fader recording record like planar?? or is it too big at that point

I was thinking about that, and wondered if it might be even better to just have a generic CV recorder that you could apply to whatever you want.

2 CV inputs and a TRIG input, 2 CV outs, Record & Play buttons, and a loop button. Basically the CV recording section from Planar 2, but based on external inputs. While stopped it would just act as a passthrough for any incoming CV.

6 Likes

that would be better, i think keeping the 1u modules size small and as modular as possible is for everyones benefit

1 Like

I would almost certainly buy that. For the Palette case it would be kind of perfect. The question is really only how it works out on the business side for you if you offer so many different output options. But I guess that’s what Eurorack is all about: options.

Shoutout to the 3U/4hp to 1U/26hp adapters. Four of these fit in a 104hp 1U row and I now have four very useful 3U/4hp modules in there: Switchblade, Divkid Mutes, uPeaks/Pique and the input/output module from Strymon.

Some of the requested 1U modules from this thread exist in 3U/4hp and can simply be used in 1U with this adapter.

Very, very useful.
The Divkid Mutes is even more usable when the switches go up and down instead of sideways due to the 90 degree rotation of the module.

https://www.tips.modularparts.net/3u-to-1u-eurorack-adapter/

1 Like

True, still 26hp in 1U means a lot of room taken, at least for me. Extreme compactness is key to 1U design.

2 Likes

There’s an 18HP 1U version of Peaks now. It also has expanders with CV inputs. It uses plastic shaft knobs, but it saves a fair bit of HP. Although if you already had Pique lying around, it makes sense to stick with it.

Using adapters is somewhat unsightly. I’d probably rather spend the extra money and have new panels made.

Would love to see the Headphones 1U module split into two… so that the output jack is on a separate faceplate (like Audio I/O, Pedal I/O, uMidi).

This would be a great idea! I have been looking for something like that…