1U modules wishlist

I just realized that I end up using two channels of Quadratt just to do a CV inversion, or to polarize a 0-10V signal a lot of the time.
A real waste of real estate for such simple functions.
I don’t have a spare 2HP for a Quad Inverter - it would sure be nice to have a dual or quad inverter 1U. You could probably do a Dual Inverter in 6HP.
The other idea is a 10V to +/-5V polarizer/converter in as little HP as possible. Just a 0-10V in and subtract 5V from it. I’ll never get rid of my Quadratt, but those two functions could easily be put into a little 1U module.
Maybe combine them both with a toggle switch to go from Invert to Polarize - and you could probably provide a pair of those in 8HP. 4 jacks, 2 switches. CV Utility.
Combine that with a Quadratt and you can mangle a lot of signals!

5 Likes

thank you, yes a module like that would be invaluable!

2 Likes

If it still had a randomize function and maybe a few slots to save presets that would be great…just keep randomizing until you get the sound you’re after.

2 Likes

Great idea.

2 Likes

i also, often use 2 channels of quadratt for this same thing, and every time i think about how its a bit of a waste (that word sounds extreme though)

1 Like

Just to stay on topic on this thread (1U Wishlist), I just started a new conversation on Attenuverters and Inverters here: Attenuverters and Inverters

Came here just to post this. The audio i/o module would be wasted on me because I don’t really have any use for the output side and adding 2 line in modules leaves me with an agonizing 4hp. A stereo in in 14hp (or even 10) would be brilliant.

1 Like

They’re already working on it. The Stereo Line Out 1U is 8HP, but it only has one knob, so I’m guessing 12HP.

1 Like

Thanks for releasing the Duatt !
Will order one very soon.

Meanwhile, as long as i can see the Steppy 1U be part of any palette setup, maybe it would be nice to offer one with around half the size (2x64 steps instead of 4 for example) for basic gate sequencing ? Something called “Baby Steppy” for example ? :slight_smile: This 1u “baby-steppy” + 1u “logic” would be killer !

When will we be able to get a stereo send/return?

2 Likes

A line level one? or pedal compatible?

1 Like

It might not be for everyone but wow yeah it would rule to have a 1U to convert the 0-10v signal to the -5/+5v zones. I use Moog stuff regularly in most performance/studio settings and this is one immediate use to talk to Moog’s volt per octave input. And of course to use in many other settings. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Pedal compatible. I can split and combine stereo signals separately or use stereo pedals but this would be greatly appreciated and would allow me to use all four of the jacks at once to full capacity

Actually, it would be great to have the option to change between line level and pedal compatible either by a switch on the front or a jumper on the back.

1 Like

Sequential switch anyone?

7 Likes

how about Crossfade? might be awesome for performance

12 Likes

The crossfader looks great. Might be useful to normal the A inputs with 0V and the B ins with 5V so you could use it as a voltage source if nothing’s patched (or B-L with +5V and B-R with -5V to create an inverted output). Might be nice to have CV control of the crossfader position and a small knob to control the curve of the crossfader, but that would probably have to increase the HP.

I like the idea of a 1U sequential switch but I’m a bit confused by your design. Are the bottom jacks outputs, or inputs?

5 Likes

On the sequential switch… the bottom jacks are inputs… taking both cv or audio… the buttons on top of them are for selecting and active/deactivate steps… :))

Rickytinez be like „bruhhh this module is insane!!“ ( pointing at 1U crossfader on his Palette case ) :rofl:

1 Like

Unless you’re really attached to the idea of crossfading with a slider, take a look at the Happy Nerding Dual xFade, which is roughly the same size (3U 4HP vs. what appears to be 1U 22HP) and packs a ton of functionality. I like ScottMFR’s curve control idea - that’s one thing the Dual xFade lacks.

Knob for curve control yes yes yes. The Pioneer DJMs have different settings for the main cross fade curve and it’d be a blast to use in the CV ecosystem.

+1 for FH-1 style MIDI 1u, or the MIDI expanders idea by @damase
I want to run multiple MIDI channels from the Octatrack into the 7u case and make use of the MIDI jacks on the case.