1U modules wishlist

I have to agree with you here. This is the kind of thing I mostly want it for. A bit of vibrato or variation. I added the other features out of greed. hahah. But I guess if you can fit in some of these features without making it much bigger it could be handy.
But I’d take smaller HP over loads of features any day. As you say we have 3U for that.

8HP would be ideal for me so I can get a couple, or more.

1 Like

I guess we should have had “I’ll buy two” in the poll :wink:

1 Like

I would love something like this. Two jacks, an LED, and a button or switch (or a Steppy-esque lighted button). 6HP should be enough space to be efficient, but not crowded.

1 Like

Have we asked for a pannable mixer? Quadratt doesn’t do that. Synthrotek has something in the ballpark, but only for pulplogic format: https://www.synthrotek.com/products/modular-circuits/1u-eurorack-modules/1u-stereo-output-mixer/

3 Likes

+1 for that. I actually asked a few weeks ago but the more the merrier! 1U modules wishlist

I know they haven’t been out that long, but how about updating the Headphones 1U and Stereo Line Out 1U modules with a second 3-pin connector, which sends the jack inputs of the Headphones 1U to the Stereo Line Out 1U? Add a switch to Headphones 1U to route the jack inputs either to this new connection or to the headphones output jack, and people can audition new sounds in their headphones before adding them to the final mix.

Although, I suppose the volume knob on the Headphones 1U would have to be an input attenuator in order for that to work.

1 Like

1U Keyboard that has an Arp Mode (hold keys down for a few seconds to enable notes latch?)/clock in (for arp)/CV and gate out. Button to select arp type. Perhaps octave up/down buttons? Afternoon brainstorms. Cheers Intellijel fam!

2 Likes

I’m interested in 1U headphones which puts the case outputs to use. A Rosie styled implementation, stereo with pin connectors out.

1 Like

This thread is getting quite long, so sorry if this has been discussed before.

I could really use a 1U module that syncs to Ableton link. Would be nice to not have to bring a computer when jamming with people using Ableton, only for the purpose of syncing up. I know there’s a couple of manufacturers making such things already, but I really just need a module with one single output, being a clock. So I guess it could be quite small. Not sure how to do the whole connection to WiFi though and whether that makes it necessary to add a screen.

Edit: on further thought, it would probably also need a start/stop button, in order to have the clock start outputting on the first beat of a bar.

2 Likes

I’m surprised there isn’t more requests for a 1U Stereo In. I have two Mixups in my 104hp performance case and the space taken up by the Audio IO for line out seems redundant due to the ¼“ jacks on the case and the outputs on the Mixups.

Or, am I [very likely] overlooking a use case I haven’t thought of?

2 Likes

The Palette Case manual suggests it’s on its way. (There’s an entry for it, with “not yet available” at the end.)

2 Likes

I tried to read all suggestions, but may have missed some, so maybe this is already suggested. How about a small cheap sine oscillator for fm (modulator) and additive synthesis? Only needs a pitch knob, a 1v/oct and an output. I could use a lot of these in simple additive synthesis. (Paired with a simple quad envelope and a quad vca.)

3 Likes

Can’t figure out how to make a poll. But would be interesting to see what sizes people want the next 1u module to be (whatever it is).

I have 12HP of space so I’d vote for that. I’d probably stick nearly anything in there at that size.

There are lots of 8s to choose from, a few 14s and a 10 or two… 12 would be nice :slight_smile:

We have a couple of new ones on the way, one of them will be 6hp (or 12 if you get two :wink:

7 Likes

Really hope one of them is a LPG :pray:

3 Likes

Nice… yeah getting a couple of 6hp modules in there is a great idea… and some more 10s maybe… Blank panels make me really sad :frowning:
I hope an LFO and maybe a 24dB filter

or how about a 12hp CV recorder. hahahah. :smiley:
then I could use the FSR 1U to input some cool CV and when I get a good take I could repeat it on a trigger basis.

3 Likes

My guess is one is a much needed smaller mult. Is there any idea when the approximate release date of these will be?

How about a tiny (2HP?) module with status LEDs for the voltage rails? It would be a nice option to have instead of a regular blank, for those of us who are shallow and like pretty lights.

EDIT: Also, to piggyback on stuff written above, I also have 12HP left, 16 if I take out USB Power - I’d rather not, but if a great new 14 or 16HP module comes along…which leads me to my point: I’d also love a clock divider/multiplier. I’ve been eyeing the one Shakmat is working on, but there are a few things I would change/add: 1) bigger knobs; 2) knobs on the left; and 3) 2-way switches above the knobs to select multiply or divide (or even better, 3-way switches with OFF in the middle, to stop sending pulses completely). Something like that in 14 or 16HP would be great.

2 Likes

definitely I would LOVE a 1U LPG max 12hp. Actually is the missing point of my system.

2 Likes