1U Module Wishlist Poll

Since the 1U Module Wishlist thread has gotten so long, I thought it would be more useful to present things as a single poll. I went through the whole thread and tried to get everything in here while leaving out anything redundant. There were quite a few variations on themes, mixers especially! There was over 60 suggestions in the list, so thanks to everyone who contributed! It was also fun to see the things that were requested that have now been released, such as Zeroscope, Duatt, FSR, Stereo Outs, and of course the Dual VCA.

Unfortunately the poll will only allow 20 options so I had to trim things down. I’ll put the full list below.

So what 1U modules are you most keen to see in the future?

• Switch/Toggle/Mute
  • Clock Source/Divider
  • Effects (Ring Mod/Delay/Chorus)
  • Single Channel Function Generator (Quadrax Style)
  • 2 x 2:1 mixer
  • 2 x 3 Passive Mult
  • “Playable” Logic
  • Mixup Style Mixer
  • Stereo Crossfader
  • 3-Band EQ
  • Low Pass Gate
  • Stereo compressor
  • 4-step CV sequencer
  • Gate-able Slew Limiter
  • Microphone XLR input
  • USB/SD Card Stereo Recorder
  • Footswitch Interface
  • Precision Adder
  • Octave switcher
  • CV Recorder

0 voters

• Switch/Toggle
  • 1 in 5 out clock divider
  • Tap Clock
  • Passive Ring Mod
  • Single Channel Function Generator (Quadrax Style)
  • 2 x 2:1 mixer
  • 2 x 3 Passive Mult
  • Smaller Buff Mult
  • Unity Mixer
  • 9V Pedal Power
  • Case Jack Passthrough
  • 4HP Horizontal Module Adaptor
  • “Playable” Logic
  • VCO/LFO
  • Mixup Style Mixer
  • Larger Performance Mixer
  • Stereo Mixer
  • Stereo Crossfader
  • DSUB Breakout IO
  • Quantizer
  • Buchla<->Eurorack Converter
  • Touch Strip Controller (Monopad)
  • 3-Band EQ
  • Low Pass Gate
  • Inverter
  • Ins/Outs with Mutes
  • Bernoulli gate (like in MI’s Branches)
  • Clock Source
  • Envelope Follower / Comparator
  • Stereo compressor
  • 4-step CV sequencer
  • Gate-able Slew Limiter
  • Minitube Distortion
  • Microphone XLR input
  • Comparator
  • Eurorack voltages to LZX voltages converter
  • USB/SD Card Stereo Recorder
  • Footswitch Interface
  • ADSR Envelope Generator
  • Digital Delay
  • Polyphonic MIDI Interface
  • Mod Tools (Rectification, basic min/max logic, inverter)
  • Stereo Pedal IO
  • Precision Adder
  • Octave switcher
  • BBD Chorus
  • Multi FX
  • MIDI Out
  • Thunderbolt/USB/ADAT Audio Interface
  • Gate Delay
  • Manual Gate
  • Buffered Mutes: 1 in + 1 out + 1 switch
  • Coloured Noise Generator
  • New uMidi 1u (Broken into separate Clock, Voice, and Modulation Modules)
  • Probability Gate
  • Burst Generator
  • CV Recorder
5 Likes

Please include an external STEREO input on the Mixup 1U if you make one. I think especially for the Palette cases it would be useful, as they are often used with other gear.

If you guys ever do a small stereo wav recorder, having a clock input and recording a low quality click track of that clock would provide useful for syncing later in daw

Also maybe have it always recording the last 30 seconds as a buffer and writing over itself until you press record, in that case you save that appended 30 second buffer to the beginning of your recording.(similar to dash cam security cameras) so you never accidentally miss a sick moment by pressing record too late. This prevents you from having to record 4 hour sessions and sifting through to find the “wow” moments

1 Like

Strange precision adder and octave switcher are separate options. Those could be combined into a single module that is capable of both functions.

4 Likes

Great call @ScottMFR for getting this poll going! Good to have an overview of most of the brainstorms in that mega-thread.

Cheers and Happy New Year everyone!

1 Like
  • Delay
  • Distortion
  • uMIDI that supports drum triggers

I’m surprised Multi FX is so far down on the votes…I thought that would be really useful to make a small system shine!

1 Like

Polyphonic MIDI!

2 Likes

So many good ideas i trimmed my selections down to what i think is ‘needed’ first (for me basic utilities feature sets should be finalized in the 1u)

I definitely want a lfo over a function generator but this poll is exciting. The top 4 are great. I’m surprised the limited edition trend hasn’t come to the 1U format.

I changed my mind about what kind of 1U module I need the most. :blush: Between Marbles and 0-Coast, I think I have clock dividing duties covered passably. Mutes would be fun, and essential for performance. ( I attempted to use my Quadratt as a makeshift mute, setting the knob to 12:00 and switching from Uni to -/+ to mute, but even when I sweep the knob there’s never a point where sound is completely gone.) Something with at least 2 channels in 12HP or less would be great.

An LFO wouldn’t be too bad either. Between 0-Coast, Transient u4R, and sometimes Marbles and/or SQ-1, I feel I’m not doing horribly on that front, though it could be better. But I think I’d prefer mutes.

LFOs w/random like a Wogglebug, quantizer, wav recorder would be fantastic.

3 Likes

1U 1 channel Quadrax would be A life saver.

4 Likes

Scales in 1U format would be awesome. Especially since the keyboard would now be orientated like a keyboard.

5 Likes

Seconding this. For some reason the poll doesn’t extend down to include the bulleted list below it, otherwise would have tried to vote for a quantizer twice!

Would love a 1u quad mute. Thinking about a Bastl lol for my last 2hp, but could maybe be better used if I could have that in 1u format.

3 Likes

The excellent uvcf

Great to see so many people want a clock divider 1U module. I’m not sure why, but I prefer utilities in the 1U section of my rack, rather than sound generation.

1 Like

1u Midi up to 4 Voices and MPE Control, would be nice.
Maybe something similar to the Shuttle Control by Endorophin.es (without Powering Option).

1 Like

Headphone output with 1/8" jack instead of 1/4", and small knob instead of big. You could cut the module size in half…your current version is using more hp than necessary for this kind of utility.

2 Likes