VCO 1U — Multi-Waveform Analog Oscillator & LFO

Shipping to dealers now… Check it out!

14 Likes

3 Likes

does it have a linear fm input on the back?

I’d guess not.

1 Like

I think the same but a lot of intellijel modules are predisposed for future expansion.

1 Like

Can someone help me how to use/patch the sync input? I tried different lfo/waveforms out of pams new workout or pitch cv out of marbles, without much luck. What do you patch in here?

Thanks. Andre

According to the manual, the “SYNC” input is a hard sync - every time the voltage at that input changes from negative to positive, the oscillator’s cycle resets.

You’d typically send an audio-rate signal to SYNC, for instance the pulse output of another VCO. The traditional “sync” sounds happen when that modulator is close in frequency to the VCO.

Slow-moving signals like pitch CVs or LFOs will not have much detectable effect.

1 Like

sync is also great when using the vco as modulator for a ‘main’ vco.

patching a pulse out of the main vco into the vco’s sync (as matt said), multing the pitch cv into both vcos, frequency offst of the syncd vco should be higher than the main vco, patching the syncd vco’s wave out into one or more modulation destinations of the main vco (fm or am is usually nice, emulating a complex oscillator).

3 Likes

Great tips. Thanks.

That’s amazing! How long until someone makes a 1u system? Should we take bets?

1 Like

Let’s see, we’ve got midi, vco, lfo, lpg, audio in, audio out, noise/s+h, mixer, effects, reverb. Looks like all we need is to see a 1u stripped-down polaris, and kablamo full Intellijel 1u system is possible.

2 Likes

That’d fit perfectly into this enclosure that Xodes is thinking about making a product:

2 Likes