Using 7u Lid as Stand for Case

I thought that the lid for my 7u 104hp Stealth would make a handy platform to raise the case up behind a keyboard but when the legs are down (preferred) they juuuust fit at the very edge. I don’t have confidence that this would be safe in a live performance.

Does anyone have good (or bad) experience with using the lid this way or have any hints for making it safer?

I’m thinking that some official Intellijel rubber or plastic “shoes” that would slip on the feet and widen them a bit (or maybe even have a little angle that goes down the side) would make the case more secure mounted on the lid.

tape it w/ gaff? subs waves will shake it off guaranteed. while youre at it tape the lid to the table or keyboard stand and tape that to the floor. and anything else that needs to stay put for the show just tape it haha

Thanks… What is this? The Red Green Show? :wink:

1 Like

I had a similar thought, that if the lid could also snap fix on to the bottom of the case as well as the top, that would make a thicker, more stable unit for standing up vertically?
I kept almost tipping mine over plugging cables in and out until I got in the habit of holding the side of the case…

Yes, I also have a small Roland SYR-E84 case and it does that trick. The lid can be attached to the case bottom too, to make it more stable.

In my studio, the Stealth lives upright on a shelf and I also have to take extra care to avoid toppling. I’ve tried different tricks but none are elegant.

I put a concrete block wrapped in a tea towel behind mine. Who says I’m not elegant!

1 Like

None would dare!

1 Like

You could probably easily make a stand/lid for the 7u case like I made for my Palette case.

5 Likes

I do this vertical case idea with mine, using elastic bands to hold it on. Works pretty well. But I Do wish there was a way to snap the lid on the bottom though.

3 Likes

Brilliant. Doing that. Don’t know why I didn’t think of it!