The Atlantis Love Thread

The Atlantis is my favorite of the SH-101 inspired synths and I wanted to start a thread with demos and music prominently featuring the little stinker.

I’ll kick it off with one of my all time favorites

4 Likes
7 Likes

Another classic! Really lovely microtonal intervals and subtle use of the resonant filter.

I’ve put my Atlantis in a skiff with a few extra oscillators and utilities. It works well with my digitone, which provides the sequencing and additional arrangements.

2 Likes

Years ago I sold my beloved Juno-6. STUPID!!!

The way I used it, was mainly as a monophonic synth. Using the arp trigger in to create basslines. Do I miss the sounds…

Since a week I have an Atlantis. [insert strong language as in mylarmelodies videos]**********[/insert strong language as in mylarmelodies videos] The sound really comes close. Especially with a Feedback Modules 106 chorus next to it. And with a Happy Nerding SuperSawtor, instant JP80x0… (hmmm…maybe have to do a video with).

Really like the possibility of FM and velocity. Things I could not do with my Juno-6 and they sound great! (Combining “Level” and “Filtermodulation” can result in 303-ish accents!).

Yeah…I love it!

4 Likes

This track (by Steve Rachmad) from 2004 is called “Atlantis”…
coincidence?

2 Likes

Please do! The Atlantis is such a great starting point for all kinds of patches. There should be at least a few more demos floating around.

1 Like
2 Likes

I brought home a second Atlantis today :smiley:

It’s the older kind with the blue outlines, and the previous owner had customized the knobs. I will upload pics after I install it.

In the mean time I just though I should share another classic Atlantis video.

edit1: It looks like both my units have the initials “CM” on the back. Anyone know who CM is?

edit2: and now the other side.

4 Likes

I just wanted to check, was the name Atlantis a Drexciya allusion?

1 Like

Yes! Love Drexciya :slight_smile: bubble METROPOLIS :wink:

6 Likes

Wanted to throw my love at the Atlantis as well! I have two of them in my system :black_heart::black_heart:

6 Likes

Nice looking rack! What’s that between the Multi FX and Quadratt?

1 Like

ah that’s the mult1u with 5 jack lights plugged into the top row :slight_smile:

LOL, that’s as good a place any to keep your 5 jack lights.

Also nice double chronoblob 2! I have the mk1 chronoblob and love how it sounds with a filter in the feedback loop.

1 Like

I had the Chronoblob 1 as well, and I loved the noise that thing had. Really pleasing to my ears, good texture and musically pleasing.

1 Like

I love my Atlantis. It was in my hands for several months before pairing it with the Metropolis and playing if for the first time. That experience was recorded here:

https://youtu.be/uGzPt2-_-JU

It starts very slow then I play the Atlantis with my right hand and discover to my surprise so many features that are playable with a fairly subtle touch. It’s truly a genius complete voice.

2 Likes

Love the freeform exploration! Also, that is a nice lush reverb to fill out the sound :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your comments. It was way more playable than I initially realized. The Atlantis lands on my small list of “never sell modules”. I used a Strymon Big Sky for the reverb.

2 Likes

Some nice oscilloscope footage in this one.

1 Like