Tetrapad Feature Suggestion: Clocks Mode

Any chance of getting a “Clocks Mode”?

What I’m envisioning is that the Channel 1 is the master square wave. Channels 2, 3, & 4 are derived from the master. Pad 1 sets the master frequency. Pads 2, 3, & 4 represent a value to divide or multiply the frequency by.

In Performance Mode: Pushing knobs 2, 3, & 4 toggle between frequency multiply or divide. Rotating knobs 2, 3, & 4 would offset the pulse by a number of cycles of the master.

In Edit Mode: Rotating any of the knobs would set the pulse width for the first jack of that channel. Pulse widths would start at 50%. Pushing any of the knobs inverts the square wave on the first jack.

The second jack of each channel would be a “standard” 10ms trigger pulse aligned with the channel frequency’s leading edge. It would be affected by offset. It would not be affected by the pulse width or invert settings.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s something we’re going to do for the expander, because it will also have a clock input so it will be possible to sync it with the rest of the system.

I like your ideas for the UI!

1 Like

Thanks. Feel free to make use of the ideas. I’m definitely looking forward to the expander and plan to get one when they’re available. It would be nice to have this functionality without the expander and then enhance it if the expander is present by making channel 1 function the same as the rest and enabling enhanced functionality.