Tête Livestream/Release! — Dec 12, 2pm PST

If you have any questions or things you’d like to see covered in the stream, please post them in this thread!

2 Likes

Here’s the Stream Setup—

2 Likes

Was doing this the other day and with self patching, didn’t need any other modules! So… Yep, I can patch that up on the stream. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We launched the Site/Manual early :slight_smile:

4 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Site Fonts

It can be externally clocked, with a triggers/gates (square wave)

Edit: It can not be set with a CV level (like a constant DC voltage), but you could get that effect if you FM a square wave into it.

1 Like

In combo mode is there a way to have loops of different length for each pad? Wiggle a fader and have that loop, give another fader a longer wiggle and have that loop, etc, without having to manually repeat the motion of the shorter loop to fill the space of the longer loop, if you get what I mean.

YAYYYYY! It’s finally here!

No, all the columns will loop at the same length, seeing how the looper works will make this a little more clear.

I’ll mention this in the stream too.

It would be really cool to be able to loop them all independently but I think Tete is going to be a gamechanger for my system regardless. The number of times I’ve noodled out a melody on notes mode or wiggled a fader and wished I could automate it…

1 Like

Missed your requests heheh, went a bit over on time, we’ll address them in more upcoming videos

I’ve added some rough chapter markers to the stream in the video description so you can navigate it more easily.

Incredible work here. I’m very very excited to get a Tetrapad + Tete now.

I might be dreaming a bit too big here, but it would be amazing if the scope of Combo Mode’s functions were widened – e.g., so we could dedicate the first 2 columns to 8 zones/banks of stored voltages (or to an 8-key keyboard), and dedicate the last 2 columns to Combo functions (faders, LFOs, Euclidean, etc.). (Or, hell, why not dedicate half of the pads to Voltages and the other half to Notes?) Since the impact of the assignable CV inputs can be contained to individual pads in Combo mode, it should then be possible to use all the standard Notes- or Voltages-relevant CV input functions (e.g., Bank CV) on the pads that are assigned to a Notes or Voltages mode.

I think this would be especially nice for Voltages mode, because it doesn’t utilize Tetrapad’s full potential for expressive (i.e., positional or pressure-scaled) gestural control. I hate to bring up “competition”, but if there’s anything Pressure Points has on Tetrapad, it’s that you get both “bank selection” of stored voltages AND pressure-scaled CV outputs in the same touch interface. If Tetrapad’s Combo Mode could get this “combinatorial upgrade” it would fully address this USP.

It would also be nice (but less of a game-changer than the above) if it were possible to extend the Scale Library with .scl files stored on the microSD and lend microtuning capabilities to Tetrapad & Tete.

The difficulty with adding more options to Combo mode, is that a combo function only has 2 outputs available. So if you were in combo mode and assigned a voltage pad to one pad, the 8 banks would only have 2 outputs. If you set up a note pad, you could maybe have one be pitch and the other gate? It’s probably worth considering as that would be a fun addition to combo mode.

It’s true, the keyboard and voltages modes would have their number of outputs and relevant encoders reduced, but I still think that in a scenario where 2 of the pads are dedicated to notes or 2 of the pads are dedicated to voltages gives plenty of outputs (4) for those modes. then there are 2 more pads left for “expression”, not unlike many keyboard controllers have.

granted, this assumes that it would be possible for more than 1 pad to be dedicated to a “non-combo” function while assigning other functions to the remaining pads. maybe this would break the core data model, but it would be really nice if possible!

I think it would potentially be possible to add new combo options like voltages or note pads without breaking the model as long as they were restricted to use 2 outs only.

In that case it might be more useful for a note combo pad to have two pitch outputs and then be able to assign that pad’s touch gate/trig and pressure to the X or Y outputs.

2 Likes

great, I hope it is explored. it would be quite incredible if the tetrapad could do both (1) notes or voltages and (2) continuous cv output from pressure or position on the same configuration / touch plane!

I’m surprised the sequencing is only single channel considering the potential with all the outputs. I just assumed at least a two channel sequencer would be a given. The UI is very well done. I can’t imagine how much went into it.

1 Like