Stereo ins/outs 1U: UNbalanced jacks?

I’ve been looking for a long time at the stereo ins/outs 1U modules, and the jacks included in the 7U cases. I don’t have any soldering experience, but I’d love to see a way to have the 1/4TRS jacks be able to serve as a stereo in or out using only one jack, instead of two in a stereo pair. Is this currently possible with the connections on the 1U modules, or has anybody done a DIY hack to get this functionality? If so I’d love to see how you did it.

You could probably do this by making a custom ribbon cable. It’s beyond my skill level, but a user posted the 7U pinout configuration on another thread, but I’ll post it here for reference.

1 Like

Funnily enough I’m playing around with that right now. I’ve just got the 1010 blueblx mixer that accepts modular levels on a stereo jack, so I’ve set up my output jacks to each output a stereo mix of a Befaco St-Mix.
I’ve used jumper cables to go from the back of the St Mix into the ribbon cable slots, using the bottom right part of the schematic Scott posted above for JP2 and matching the L and R outs.
You could do something similar with the 1u XY and use them to go directly into an output. I’ve been considering that, or drilling jacks into a blank I’ve got for the other two channels as I don’t use the input much at all.

1 Like