Home | Manuals | FAQ | Contact Us

Steppy autosave

Hi!
I apologize if this is a repeat or an existing feature that I have over looked, but:

I would really love an auto save feature in steppy!
I often just turn my rack off and go: “aaaaw, I didn’t save my steppy settings for tomorrow”
I am considering buying a second steppy, this feature would definitely win me over :wink:

//Anders

0 Likes

To reduce the wear on the EEPROM, we don’t do autosave. But it will automatically load your last saved preset.

0 Likes

I had a suspicion that that was the reason :slight_smile:
I obviously don’t know the size of your eeproms or the space required to store a patch. But if you auto save once every minute, and implement a round robin style scheme that saves in a new region every time such that all the remaining space is utilized. Assuming you have a surplus of unused eeprom space of cause :slight_smile: the module could have years of working hours

0 Likes

There’s arguments to be made for both approaches. Some people do not like their sequences to auto-save because it allows you to have a set of stored sequences that you mess up while playing, and then when you power cycle you reset them back to the saved versions.

0 Likes

You could always have these sequences stored in the 8 slots, and load them when you start.
Anyways, I understand you have a lot on your plate and probably a lot of projects you would love to do if you had the time.
Thanks for listening :slight_smile:

Love your modules (getting a planar 2 later this week, can’t wait!)

0 Likes