Steeper angle for 7U cases

Hi,

This might be a silly idea :sweat_smile:, but have you ever considered making longer versions of the 7U case legs allowing for a steeper angle?
I realize they wouldn’t be able to fold back into the case so perhaps its not as elegant, but for me they’re standing on my desk the whole time and then maybe it would be the most “elegant” solution?

Anyone here ever made their own? Or perhaps some other clever ideas of angling the cases are floating around? :thinking:

Cheers,

Alex

1 Like

I think the leg size currently is good for live performance when one is standing up, but for sitting down, it’s not ideal. I personally am always sitting while patching so I got the Make Noise Blued Steel stand and it’s been great. Even that could angle the case up a bit more IMO but it’s much better for me than the stock legs. I feel like I see a lot of people in videos using cases with the case sitting flat on a table while the person is sitting, I wish I was comfortable doing that. Side note: I really like how the Doepfer cases stand straight up perpendicular to a table.

1 Like

There’s been much talk about this before. If you’re fine with a semi-permanent setup, check out makerbeam. I know it’s compatible with the 4U cases and you could probably do the same with a 7u.

1 Like

Hi,

I made my own with 125 degree angle in the bracket. The first case sits with the legs extended all the way forward. This bracket is for attaching two cases together like intellijel brackets which is around 100 degrees. I would be happy to send a pic if I can.

I would love to see a photo and schematics!

No schematics just traced the intellijel ones and did some machinist work in my garage to change to the desired angle and used that template to make some nice ones

1 Like

looks great, thanks for sharing!