Springray Plate Verb

Seeing as SpringRay has up to 3 inputs, is it possible for it to power a DIY plate for plate reverb?

I’m seriously thinking about building one during the lockdown and trying to find the best way to go about it. Something like this maybe:

Yes, it would be possible to DIY your own tank, but I would recommend being careful about the impedance of the tank. In my home studio I do use a third party tank that I was given with “wrong” impedance values and it introduces some distortion into the signal, but I think it sounds pretty cool so I’ve continued to use it. I’ll copy/paste the Intellijel FAQ entry regarding this below:

The important thing to consider when selecting a tank is the input and output impedance. Our tanks are rated BB, meaning they have an input impedance between 150 to 190 Ohms, and an output impedance between 2,250 and 2,575 Ohms. Using tanks with different impedance ratings may result in distortion.

You can find more information here:

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/tech-corner/accutronics-products-and-specifications

1 Like

Thanks so much for your reply! To be super clear, I’d be building a plate, not a spring tank. But the operation in terms of voltage should be very similar in both cases (to my understanding)

Again, thanks!