Selecting Presets With Plonk Using Steppy

Since this seems to be a technique that confuses some people, I wanted to make a video to demonstrate how to use gates from Steppy to select presets in Plonk using the MOD input.

We worried that the first video I made went too fast and got too complicated, so I made another one with voiceover. I’m going to post both videos because I’m curious to hear your thoughts. Do you find them both easy enough to follow? Do you find you learn better if you have a voiceover explaining things, or is text on screen sufficient?

With Voiceover: https://youtu.be/EIhepLatoOg

Text On Screen: https://youtu.be/hDJ7oezuAIM

1 Like

I think the one with voiceover will be hugely helpful. It’s a great explanation and will get people off to the races with their own experimenting. The one with text is good for the experienced user but good to always explain anyway.

Cheers and SOLID patch idea!

1 Like

Thanks for the insight, powpow! Happy patching…

just fine without the voiceover.

I’ve tried to select presets with plonk exactly like shown in the voice over video and can’t seem to get it to work for me. The only difference is I’m using the vpme.de Euclidean Circles v2 module instead of steppy
I’m fairly new to modular so I may be doing something wrong. Any insight?
Also is there a way to reset the plonk to factory settings?

What are you using to control the MOD input to select presets @Fuenstock? That’s more important than what you’re using to trigger gates.

If you perform the firmware update and reload the factory presets that will get you back to factory settings.

Hi.
I’m basically doing exactly as shown in the voice over video just substitute sleepy for the Euclidean circles module.
I have Euclidean circles sending gates, then selecting presets with quadratt into plonk.
I may try a factory restore for plonk since I’ve moved a lot of menu items I may have messed something up.

A couple things to check:

1. Is Preset Step assigned as your MOD destination. Electro Kit or whatever preset 1 usually is should have the Preset Step range set to 1 - 4.
  2. Is the MOD attenuverter turned up? If this is at 12 O’clock it will not receive any voltage.
  3. If you connect a Quadratt channel with no input to the MOD input can you use it to select presets?