Rainmaker question

Hi there! I just got a new rainmaker. It looks very complex and capable of everything, but after many days watching tutorials and reading the manual i still miss something that i can not understand. If i want to change the delay rate in a free mode changing simoultaneously the pitch like on every other delay, is it possible? And how can i do this? Using the time mod i can only change the pitch and not the time, on the other hand if i modulate the tap feedback i can just change the time and just after the taps. Thanks

1 Like

Interesting question. I played around with this and you can sort of do it. Take an external +/- 5V offset and mult the signal, optionally inverting one copy. Connect one side to the dedicated pitch input and the other to MOD B, and set MOD B to delay time. Turn the attenuator pots up.

It doesn’t really sound like a more traditional delay would when making this adjustment though, and I think this is because the delay buffer on Rainmaker is played back with grains rather than just adjusting the playback speed to match the delay time. With granular playback, the pitch and speed are meant to be controlled independently. So the result I got was kind of weird and glitchy. Interesting though.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer joe! Yes i realized that is definitely not done for this kind of effect. Its a pity, the module its very complete for the rest. Thanks again

1 Like