Rainmaker Delay Clock

I just purchased a Rainmaker second hand (they’re hard to come by these days!) and it is not recognizing any clock signals to the delay clock. I’ve used Pam’s New Workout and the Mordax Data direct to RM. I tried several PPQNs with PNW, although my default is 4 and the Comb clock recognizes it immediately. Ruled out any other issues, updated firmware to 1.09, and it’s still not recognizing external clocks to the delay clock. Comb clock works fine, though. Have I been duped? Please help!

It’s most likely fine. Make sure you don’t have the Time parameter selected.

So make sure the button on the left is set to edit. Press the blue button under Clock - Div. Set the incoming clock division that you want with a clock connected. You should see the time and BPM values update accordingly.

In contrast if you select the blue button under Clock - Time, you’ll be ignoring the incoming clock and setting the delay time directly.

Thanks sincerely for your help. But, I understand how the module’s clock parameters work. I’ve tried everything from different patch cables to types of incoming clocks. Again, works fine with the comb clock, but not the delay clock. Major bummer.

Ah, ok then. That one caused some initial confusion for me. Indeed, bummer it seems to be something more than that in your case.

Other than that, I’m not aware of anything particularly fussy about the clock in. It has locked onto whatever clock I’ve sent it. You will probably have to contact support.

Just to rule out the obvious, you’re connecting the clock to the CLK in on the delay section not the comb section, right?

Yes, clock signals sent to delay clock input aren’t recognized.

Another simple thing to confirm, changing presets doesn’t make a difference?

If you have one of the MOD controls assigned to Rhythm Delay Time this would also deactivate the Delay CLK input.

Are you running the latest firmware?

Probably best to e-mail support@intellijel.com

Yes, issue persists across presets. Not sure what firmware. I updated the screen firmware to 1.09 without realizing what firmware the module was on when I purchased it. They’re independent, yes? The clock issue was happening before, though.

Yes, there’s separate screen and FPGA firmware. You have the latest screen firmware, the latest FPGA firmware is 143.