Rainmaker 1.09/143

I acquired a Rainmaker a few months ago and it’s on firmware 1.02
What I’m about to attempt is scaring me to death!
What’s the chances of me bricking it?

I also have the Shape shifter…
I’m hoping the gods aren’t in a funny mood tonight.
I think I might be better off getting the kids to do this…

I have a mac but I have a windows laptop running windows 10.
Which usb tiny file should I be using?
Thank you :slight_smile:

@werp I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Rainmaker brick from doing the firmware update wrong. If you need help please reach out to support@intellijel.com

In your case because you have both a Windows and Mac computer this should make your life easier. I would recommend using Windows to update the FPGA to version 143, then use the Mac to update the display to 1.09. No drivers are required on the Mac side.

thanks Scott, I appreciate your reply. Our power dropped out four times last night. Just as I was about to start writing ‘successfully updated an fpga thing’ into my curriculum vitae.
I took the hint and went to bed.
I shall wait until one of the kids rocks up for a visit. I’ve burned through enough bravery already this month :slight_smile:

A few weeks ago I finally got myself a Rainmaker and really love the user interface, well done!

I have a question/request for the comb section though… Wouldn’t it be possible to add feedforward combfilters? And further even using them in combination with the fb combs to create a “multitap” allpass filter? I could imagine that this would add a lot of sonic possibilities without the need of more “processing power”, as the basic structure should already allow that somehow… This would really be a huge update, is this something you would consider?

There seems to be a March 2022 Firmware update, is it anything important?

I’m not sure what you’re referring too, there are no recent updates for the Rainmaker, other than for a hardware revision to the display board in January (which was only changed because of part availability), this would not affect anyone on a rev001 unit.

the updater package download has a very recent date in the file path for me too - repackaged a week ago, but i dont see any releases beyond v143 so i’m not too concerned.

download was named this when i saved it the other day: “Intellijel_Firmware_Updater_Windows_2023-04-27”

I am trying to update to the latest Firmware and Display, but the USB-Blaster Drivers are out of date for Quartus 16 that is linked from the site. Seems the drivers certificates are expired and won’t install. Anyone else find a way around this? WIll a newer version of Quartus work?