Question About Basic Use of the Scales Module

First I want to say that I’ve got a number of Intellijel modules and they all have provided perfect satisfaction over the past several years. My favorite module is still the Metropolis.
Second, a new module arrived this week. The Scales! Today I installed it and started out a simple test. From page 8 in the Overview there is this sentence " This makes it possible to turn LFO’s into arpeggiators; random voltages into harmonic counterpoint; and the unquantized external CV sequencers into chromatically tuned note sequencers."

This sentence suggested to me that I could feed the PITCH input an LFO (sine or saw) and OUT A (and or OUT B) would quantize the voltage and send notes (of some kind, not yet specified by root or scale) to my VCA. At this point, this simple patch is not making any pitched sounds at all. All I am getting are rhythmic popping noises. The rhythm changes as the LFO is slowed down or sped up. If I feed in a gate into the TRIG input, then the popping sounds are only expressed in time with the gate.

So, now I’ll ask what may eventually be proved to be an embarrassing question: what sort of user error am I committing?

Many thanks for your input.

i may be mistaken in what you have typed but:

you should plug the output of the scales module into the 1v/oct input of your oscillator module, then you should hear it changing the pitch of the oscillator.

in this scenario you would be replacing your metropolis with the scales/lfo combo you are using. you would need to open the vca so you could hear the oscillator.

Gratitude! Thanks for your accurate suggestion. Yesterday my mind was blank and missed this.
At this point in time the output from the Turing Machine is being quantized in the root of D and it sounds marvelous!