Quadrax 1.3 — Manual Triggers and Output Scaling!

This update brings a couple more tools to the toolbelt —

• New Utility UI Mode (Hold RISE + LEVEL for 1 Second to Toggle). The left buttons will manually trigger a channel; the right buttons will set (5 or 10V) and attenuate (20% Increments) the channel’s output level.
  • Removed 10V/5V Envelope size global toggle. Replaced with per-channel setting in Utility Mode.
  • Fixed phase/clock sync abnormalities in LFV mode.
  • Updated manual available at intellijel.com/support.

Downloads —
Mac: https://intellijel.com/downloads/firmwa … -10-08.zip
Win: https://intellijel.com/downloads/firmwa … -10-08.zip

(Note: Same download as Planar 2 1.2)

13 Likes

This is great. Combined with the Planar2 update, it’s like Xmas has come early.

4 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Nice. This utility mode is really convenient. :+1:

Assuming this is not meant for this post.

The perils of copy/paste

1 Like

Does the attenuation apply to LFO mode as well? I only ask because it mentions AD/ADR/CYCLE/BURST but not LFO.

Very cool feature. Now that Quadrax can do 1v CV modulation, it can modulate LZX video modules with no attenuation or bridging!

1 Like

The output attenuation works on all modes. LFO output range is -+1 to -+5V, the other modes go from 0 to +1 up to +10V.

Installed 1.3 update on Quadrax. Boots up with correct firmware (CVA and CVB lit Orange) but I cannot get into the new utility mode. LED’s just flash blue for a second then Quadrax returns to normal. Anything I can try ?

If the lights are flashing blue, then it sounds like you’re resetting the CV Assignments, which is holding CV A + LEVEL. Holding RISE + LEVEL (right side buttons) should enter/exit Utility mode.

Doh, you are correct, guess I read the instructions wrong, all good now , Thanks.

1 Like

@slowwild - I finally got my hands on a Qx for my Quadrax, and noticed a bug in AHR mode.
According to the manual, EOR will go high when the envelope reaches the maximum value, and stay high until the end of the release phase.
What I am seeing is that EOR does not go high until the end of the HOLD. So if you send a gate to the TRIG input, the EOR gate will not got high until the trigger gate stops.

Can’t believe I waited nearly two years to add Qx… so much fun.

Will log an issue and check it out soon, thanks for the heads up.

2 Likes

Holy cow! Manual triggers will be great! Does this mean you could manually tap a tempo into a quadrax lfo? Or would it reset it

Would it be possible to redo this such that holding both buttons for a single channel sets that channel to be in the manual trigger/scaling mode, but not the others?