Planar!

Today I learned…

feeding the CV ins on a planar with the square out and the sub out from a rubicon (in LFO mode) effectively turns it into sort of an advanced sequential switch. If you’re having trouble visualizing what I’m talking about, with the joystick switched off, the LEDs fired like this:

A-D-B-C-A-D-B-C (-1 on the sub out)
A-D-A-D-B-C-B-C (-2 on the sub out)

Mayhem ensues when you switch the joystick back on. Using every single patch cable I have, I fed each of the channels a different sort of noise, paired it with a quadra, and ‘wasted’ 3 hours making complex hi-hat patterns. I don’t want to unplug the damn patch. :persevere::grin:

Such a fun module. What are you all doing with yours?

4 Likes

I love Planar. When I got it, I anticipated that I would mostly be interested in the x/y output. The sense and button gates are a total bonus. And then I discovered it that I could use it as crossfading VCAs with the ABCD inputs. It is seriously deep, much more so than it has any right to be. Haven’t used the quad panning outputs much; still waiting for the patch to present itself that requires that function.

Recent excursion using it and the ER-301…

Sense gate is the run signal for the sample. Button gate turns on a VCA after the sample. X is mapped to play speed from -2x to +2x playback speed.

2 Likes