Palette Case and After Later Audio Threads

I have two 104HP Palette cases, and I cannot get my After Later Audio 1U Threads module to connect to the cases’ MIDI headers.

I returned the first module I bought, as it was one of the defective units, but I confirmed with Lenny at ALA that the replacement model was not one of the defective ones. I have connected it properly to the Palette’s 10-pin MIDI header.

At this point, I’m just trying to send my Digitakt’s clock to the module. It works fine if I connect through the Threads module’s MIDI in jack on the panel, but I get nothing at all if I try to go through the case’s connector to the back of the module.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Do you know which type of TRS MIDI the Threads expects? Their product page doesn’t specify…

1 Like

Yes, the Threads expects Type B (and the Palette case, Type A). Threads works just fine if I patch a Type B DIN TRS adapter into its panel jack.

Where it fails is when I try to use the DIN MIDI in from the Palette case and connect through the back of Threads.

1 Like

Apologies for a dumb question, but is it possible to reverse the orientation of the cable connection to Threads?

1 Like

Not dumb at all, as yes, the user could reverse it, but I did not here.

The Palette’s board has a 10-pin shrouded connector which must be connected to the 8 pins on the back of the Threads. The classic “white line” on the PCB identifies the pair that must match the red wire in the ribbon.

1 Like