New Quadrax Expanders?

My Quadrax/Qx combo has been my primary envelope/function generator ever since I picked it up as an early adopter. And knowing that there is another expansion port on the back, I’m wondering if there are plans for any other expanders?

Some half-baked suggestions:

– I use voltage control over rise and fall often enough that I wish they had their own dedicated inputs, perhaps with attenuverters, as per the Quadra Expander. So perhaps an expander with these no-frills inputs, leaving the CV matrix for use with other tasks. Although this might be addressed more elegantly (and more in the Quadrax’s spirit) by …

– A CV matrix expander: a module with four CV inputs, each with a lighted button for assigning destinations. I’m not 100% sure how this would work, from a UI aspect, or even if it’s feasible, but I’ve occasionally bumped up against the four-input limit of the CV matrix, and having some extra inputs would be nice. And since there are two expander ports, someone could install two of these for maximum CV control.

– Analogue logic? This was another cool feature of the Quadra Expander, and I routinely use external modules for max/min functionality, including a uMod II. That said, I’m not sure of the benefit of having this functionality as an expander. Perhaps the expander would allow the user to combine different channels into the individual channel outputs (e.g., program output 1 to be the max of channels 1 and 3, etc.)? Or it would give the user CV control over how the different channels are routed through the logic operations? I’m just brainstorming here.

I’d love to hear if there’s anything in the works, or if anyone else has any ideas.

4 Likes