µMIDI Jacks 1U Discontinued?

I completely agree with all of the above and also urge Intellijel to continue selling the MIDI Jacks 1U.

I am in a similar situation where I have a 7U performance case, and now need to expand and move my MIDI 1U module.

It’s never perceived as a good thing to restrict products’ compatibility to one own’s brand, especially in a niche market like Eurorack. And at the moment it means that customers who bought the MIDI 1U are stuck with using it with an Intellijel case, which is regrettable (especially because when they bought it the MIDI jacks 1U was available, and so it was implied that the module could be use somewhere else)

I concur. People are putting a 1U Intellijel format row on the rear of their cases, precisely to take advantage of the i/o “jacks” modules that Intellijel has segregated from the main modules. This is an awesome idea, and I really hope Intellijel continues to make the existing set of jacks modules and also release new ones. E.g., a headphones 1U module, with a separate headphones “jacks” module would be awesome.

So, I’m trying to figure out how to DIY something. I don’t really know the first thing about wiring things, but I do need to find a solution so that I can use the µMIDI 1U in my new case.

If I understand correctly, I need to get something like this:

And then I need to wire the D+, D-, VBUS and GND from this to the header of the µMIDI 1U (and ignore the other pins)

Did I get that right?

I guess I’ll have a dangling USB socket at the back of my case, but at least if that works I don’t have to throw away my µMIDI 1U…

Warning : self-promotion, sorry, yet it may help some! :sweat_smile:

Being able to source a MIDI 1U over the past few months without being able to properly use it in any case kind of felt weird, so this happened :

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/xodes-µmio

Basically, it gives access to all of the signals exposed on the interface (equivalent to those found in 7U Performance cases) in a space saving (6HP) module.

The MIDI input is compatible with both TRS-A and TRS-B without any user intervention, and the out and thru ports have switches on the back to be independtly set to TRS-A or TRS-B.

That is awesome! Nicely done, will be picking this up

Picked one of these up. Works great. Well done!

1 Like