Metropolis Issue - 1st Stage Repeats When Others Skipped

Forgive me if this has come up before, but I can’t find it with a search. I just got a used Metropolis yesterday, and updated to 1.36 without any issues. Problem is, when I skip any stage using the skip buttons, the first stage in the sequence begins doubling its repeats. I haven’t done much tweaking of settings, and am running in the normal forward mode. Is this a bug, or is there some setting I’m missing? Should I flash the firmware again?

Thanks, and is there a song mode on the horizon, now that we can save patterns?

I’ve replied to your request via support@intellijel.com

I’m curious what the answer to this was. I’ve noticed similar behavior on mine.

It’s normal. Skipping a stage removes it from the total stage count, so it has to be made up elsewhere. You can’t change the stage count and skip in one move.

It could be an idea for a new operating mode of the Metropolis:
Include a new item in the number of stages setting:

• add an item called “a_step”, the total length of the sequence and the sequence itself is then defined by the active steps
  • add an item called “s_step”, the total length of the sequence and the sequence itself is then defined by the skipped steps
    :slight_smile:
1 Like

Yea, i misread/misunderstood this. My behavior is when i set the gate mode on a step to hold, i think it skips the next step. Or at least doesn’t fire the gate. I’m not in front of it now so i can’t remember exactly, but it does something odd.