Metropolis (1.36), external clock, sequence starts late

Hello! I am using Metropolis with an external clock (Pam’s New Workout). The Metropolis clock input receives a 24 ppqn signal from Pam and the reset input receives a 5V gate. The rising edges of both clock and reset are aligned, so reset and clock are high at the same time. The reset input is set to rST_F, which should start the Metropolis sequence as I start Pam. But it doesn’t. Metropolis always misses the first step of the first stage. I doubt that Pam is the culprit, as other sequencers (eg., Mimetic Digitalis, Mini Brute 2) don’t seem to have the problem–they start their sequences upon receiving the clock and reset signal from Pam. I read the related posts in this forum on similar issues, but could not find a resolution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Hanno

1 Like

Hi Hanno,

You might get tighter sync by using Metropolis in Reset Run mode and sending a high gate to RESET from Pams during playback. I know this has worked well for some Pams & Metropolis users. I think you maybe have to set an LFO to 100% pulsewidth or something but I’m not too familiar with PNW.

1 Like

Scott:

Thank you for your quick and helpful response! Indeed, reset run mode works, but the trade off is that I can’t easily reset the sequence once it’s running. This might be worth a quick firmware fix.

Best,
Hanno

Metropolis is a discontinued product so they won’t be updating the firmware. In Pam’s there is a mode for setting a constant gate high, you don’t have to use a regular pulse and adjust the width.

2 Likes